HDS10 Gen 2 Non Touch prob

Yes it’s old but upgrades are a ways down the road. Map was “freezing“, did an update, seemed to work, back to freezing again. Makes for some pucker factor moments on less than familiar water. Any ideas?
    2014 Ranger Z520C, Yamaha 250 SHO

2. Banned
    I’m just guessing and hopefully someone has the right answer. Do you have this graph Etherneted with another graph? My graphs will lock up when Etherneted and I’ll have to disconnect them, I actually leave them disconnected most of the time now. Every now and then I’ll plug them back together FLW wypt sync. Anyways, could be a bad Ethernet cable???

3. Member
    Yes I do. I have an HDS8 non up front with NEMA connection.
    Last edited by Mike A; 09-28-2020 at 10:52 AM.

4. Member
    And the further I go the more confused I get. I re downloaded the update on micro sd. Take it to the unit and insert as instructed. Turn unit on as instructed but it does not not automatically start the update. So as instructed in that scenario I go to utilities page but there is NOT an “SD card” option under “files” as the instructions on the Lowrance website says there should be. Any assistance would be GREATLY appreciated.

5. Member
    Need to make sure the card is 32 gig or less. I had problems with my 10 freezing when I accumulated to many way points. I purged most of them and it started working normal again.

6. Member
    The card size makes a difference if it’s only used for uploading the update patch? It doesn’t stay in the unit afterwards........does it?