Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Banned
    After fishing out of the BIL New Falcon a few weeks ago I would recommend going with Triton.

2. Member
    Falcon

3. Member
    Triton for sure

2016 Triton 20 TRX Patriot, 250 PRO XS
    Shawn Willoughby

Quote Originally Posted by jarhead175 View Post
    After fishing out of the BIL New Falcon a few weeks ago I would recommend going with Triton.
    Any particular reason?
    Sick, tired, hungry, broke, busted, disgusted, can't be trusted, been imposed on and won't fight

5. Banned
    If it were me and the Falcon met your wants and needs I'd go that way... Tritons are a dime a dozen in my area and I like to be a little different... Dan

6. Member
    Given those two, I'd hop in a Falcon and never look back

Falcon
    2022 Skeeter ZXR20
    Yamaha 250 SHO

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan21XRS View Post
    If it were me and the Falcon met your wants and needs I'd go that way... Tritons are a dime a dozen in my area and I like to be a little different... Dan
    Dan, you are......just kidding. Any guy with a Bullet is okay in my book.

Oh! And I will send you a dime for dozen of those Tritons, but don't send me the ones that " chime " walk. The one that chine walk I can handle.
    Last edited by 1Holeshot; 09-28-2020 at 09:42 PM.
    2020 Triton 18 TRX
    Tournament Fishing Package
    2020 Mercury 200 Pro XS V8 Serial # 2B588923
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80# I Pilot Link
    Hi Jacker EZ 6" Jack Plate
    Bravo 1 FS 24 Pitch Prop
    Humminbird Helix 7 SI GPS CHIRP G2 Bow
    Humminbird Helix 7 CHIRP MEGA GPS DI G3 Console
    Trick Step Boarding Steps
    RMP Engine Support

9. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Olebiker View Post
    Any particular reason?
    Going to sounds strange but I didn't like the medium water ride. Couldn't get it to stop slapping off of medium size waves moved the motor all over the place still got a jarring slap off the hull in 1'-2' waves. Got out in bigger stuff tuck the motor and go on with a little spray but decent ride for bigger waves.

10. Member
    Sounds like a setup issue the falcon boats ride amazing. You really need to be high up on the plate though.

11. Member
    Triton, there’s a reason you see so many of them. Only rumor mill about them going out of business is right here on this forum, people like that kind of stuff for some reason.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by itsahog View Post
    Triton, there’s a reason you see so many of them. Only rumor mill about them going out of business is right here on this forum, people like that kind of stuff for some reason.
    I haven't see anything besides talk of it on here but it is sort of a gut feeling about it and how Johnny Morris has done past boat lines. Not to mention Earl has another boat line in Caymas so I'm thinking he wouldn't mind seeing them go away now.

13. Member
    I love the Falcon's if we had a more local dealer (under 4 hours drive) they would be high on my list of boats. Someone said they dislike the front hinged rod lockers, I would love that. Then I don't have to climb in and out the boat in the garage when I switch out rods before a tourney or lake change. We have a lot small lakes and ponds where I live and the all fish very different so rods are constantly coming in and out the boat. I love the bilge set up. I love that they seem like a more custom builder so I should be able to order exactly what I want. Predator F20 with the hybrid eva foam instead of carpet everywhere with no rod tubes just finished compartments plus maybe a few other things. Also love the old school switches that are easy to fix and a normal key ignition.
    2020 Ranger 521L, Merc 250 Pro XS

14. Member
    Triton if you like chine walking!

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Flip Flop Fisher View Post
    Triton if you like chine walking!
    Driver error/lack of seat time will cause that. Surprised you didn't mention chime walking. Quite a few who have never driven a Triton are concerned about the " chime " walking. I guess their doorbell has chines.
    2020 Triton 18 TRX
    Tournament Fishing Package
    2020 Mercury 200 Pro XS V8 Serial # 2B588923
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80# I Pilot Link
    Hi Jacker EZ 6" Jack Plate
    Bravo 1 FS 24 Pitch Prop
    Humminbird Helix 7 SI GPS CHIRP G2 Bow
    Humminbird Helix 7 CHIRP MEGA GPS DI G3 Console
    Trick Step Boarding Steps
    RMP Engine Support

Falcon

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gsmith223 View Post
    "I am hitting 75-76 fully tournament loaded with 400 RPM left. One guy one here is pushing pushing 81 with a Croxton worked T1. I will see if I can find his video".

https://www.facebook.com/groups/411372532567841/permalink/1203414806696939/
    78 on the vid. He didn’t say if alone and how much fuel. It was 68 degree air temp. He’s hoping for 81. Yeah, I’m hoping for 80 in my Ranger too. LOL!
    2022 Ranger Z520R, 2022 Mercury 250 ProXS 4s
    Dual 16” Lowrance Live’s at console, 12” Live with Active Target, Garmin 8612 and Livescope, and Humminbird 12” Mega 360 at the bow
    Lowrance Ghost TM

18. Member
    Thanks everyone I’m getting prices on both the Falcon is cheaper and the dealer is 2.5 hours away and the other dealer is 1.5 hours away and i have dealt with them before no issues just trying to be different like Dan said.

19. Member
    Falcon. Not even close.

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by itsahog View Post
    It's not just on here... I know of 3 people who ordered boats just about a year ago, and not only did they not get thier boats, they nor the dealer (a HUGE dealer) could get any response from the factory. 2 of these guys got a new Triton every year or 2. Another dealer I know has only been able to get tin boats from them, going back to last November. Take it for what you will, it doesn't effect me either way. Rumors usually have a root cause or a sliver of truth.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast