Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Neighbor doing his stimulating

A neighbor (retired utilities lineman) bought a new F150 SCrew 4x4 last year with the 5.0, beautiful truck. It was in the shop for oil changes and oil evaluation more than in his garage. A couple weeks ago he stopped by to look at my big wild cherry trees he's going to top for me and told me much he hated his truck. He was disappointed in the dealership and Furd he couldn't stand it. A few days ago he traded it to a loaded '20 RAM and got a killa deal, with the rebates he was only out of pocket 2 grand plus $1,300 for an extended warranty because he is getting a refund from FoMoCo for the warranty he bought for the F150. They gave him a solid trade in value on his F150. He's as happy as a kid at Christmas! I was on my way to pick up the boy from football practice so I didn't have time to chat much, but he told me "This is the best riding/handling vehicle I've ever owned"...

(606)305-1956

2. Member
    Cool. Glad he likes the new one. Hope it treats him better.

Amazon truck left a box on my neighbors porch yesterday.

3. USAF and DOD retired Phoenix Jim's Avatar
    Love my 2020 ram Laramie and I NEVER thought I’d be in a Ram
    2018 Phoenix 920 Pro XP

4. Member
    You hear those kind of comments a lot.

5. Member
    Love my 2020 Laramie. Loved my 2015 Laramie

6. Banned
    Why would he need so many oil changes?

Glad it turned out well for him. Disappointed in the truck and Ford though. Sad to hear.

8. "OVER THE LINE SMOKEY!" headhigh's Avatar
    I've never been disappointed with the Fords I've owned in the past, but I love my 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie. Rides like a damn luxury car, serves as the family car, and will tow and haul it's ass off!
    1998 Ranger R93
    1998 Mercury 200 EFI

"Life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness."

The constant oil changes and evaluations went along with computer updates, local techs couldn't figure out where the oil went. Ford sent an expert to once again do computer diagnostics and yet another oil change. They did countless resets to the computer trying to get everything right to no avail. I think he bought this truck in late '18, but it's a '19 with 8k on the speedo. Someone is going to be sad when this truck is theirs. Looking back he wishes he had bought the EcoBoost instead of the 5.0.

(606)305-1956

I haven't heard of anyone "topping" trees in 50 years. That's a good way to ruin a perfectly good tree.
    Sick, tired, hungry, broke, busted, disgusted, can't be trusted, been imposed on and won't fight

Quote Originally Posted by Olebiker View Post
    I haven't heard of anyone "topping" trees in 50 years. That's a good way to ruin a perfectly good tree.
    Around here it's very common, there's trees in every subdivision that are potential hazards to homes. I had these 2 topped in 2014, they actually look better than ever except the height. He's done this for 40+ years, he knows what he's doing.

(606)305-1956

12. RIP Evinrude 1907-2020 JR19's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Olebiker View Post
    If you don't top a mature bradford pear tree about every 4-5 years mother nature will do it for you with a big wind storm.

13. Member
    This is why always a little wary of low mile Brand A used vehicle at a Brand B dealership.
    Brandon
    1996 Ranger 362XT
    Johnson Faststrike 150

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BeeNix View Post
    The constant oil changes and evaluations went along with computer updates, local techs couldn't figure out where the oil went. Ford sent an expert to once again do computer diagnostics and yet another oil change. They did countless resets to the computer trying to get everything right to no avail. I think he bought this truck in late '18, but it's a '19 with 8k on the speedo. Someone is going to be sad when this truck is theirs. Looking back he wishes he had bought the EcoBoost instead of the 5.0.
    The 3.5 Eco has some issues as well. My 2018 spent a week at my local dealership repairing the timing chain and whatever else goes with that issue. 55,000 miles, so still an original warranty fix. I do have extended out to 150,000 miles.

15. Member
    Those Rams are nice looking trucks.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bschwoep View Post
    This is why always a little wary of low mile Brand A used vehicle at a Brand B dealership.
    This is why i like to buy new!

17. Shutterbug Forum Moderator bdog7198's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by printman71 View Post
    The 3.5 Eco has some issues as well. My 2018 spent a week at my local dealership repairing the timing chain and whatever else goes with that issue. 55,000 miles, so still an original warranty fix. I do have extended out to 150,000 miles.
    All vehicle brands have issues....

I did the opposite switch than the OP's neighbor about 6 months ago. Been in 3.5 eco's for 3 trucks in a row no issues, but intrigued by RAM. Bought a 2019 RAM, started out with a body mount that was bad from factory took a couple visits to get that fixed. Finally had a fuel injector go bad at 14k, in between just daily electrical goofyness. Was always fun to figure out what the daily issue was going to be. Got tired of it and went back to F150 Ecoboost, this time a 2.7. No issues since.
    Prints and more available at: http://BSPhotography.co/
    Digital downloads available at: https://licensing.pixels.com/profiles/1-brian-shoemaker
    IG: BSPhotographyZ9

18. Member
    I have been thinking about trading my 2014 Ram Ecodiesel for a gasser Ram with the e torque engine but all of them have 23 gallon gas tanks. I would rather have the 26 or even better the 33.

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jigman51 View Post
    I have been thinking about trading my 2014 Ram Ecodiesel for a gasser Ram with the e torque engine but all of them have 23 gallon gas tanks. I would rather have the 26 or even better the 33.
    No way I would go with the e torque, in reality, it is just another gadget to go bad. I am on my 4th Ram and there is not another truck out there that compares to the Longhorn, it is the smoothest riding truck made and a hot-rod when you want it to be.

Both owners of this dealership bought twin '16 F150 Screw 4x4 Sport edition, one has 154k and the other has around 130k. Both are on the second set of tires, one had a wheel bearing go bad. Other than routine maintenance, zero issues. I'm expecting the dreaded water pump issue to rear it's ugly head anytime...both are on the second battery and second set of brakes. I guess they got good ones.

(606)305-1956

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast