200 EFI starting issue

I thought I had my cold start issue figured out by doing the push to choke key modification thing but I’m back to having issues starting if the boat is left sitting for a day or two. I’m not sure why it worked the first time I tried after doing the mod and now it won’t but maybe it was a coincidence. I can start it by squiring gas in a few cylinders and it will start right away after that all day.

I have a service manual now so what do I need to do to trouble shoot this issue?

Robert

1996 200 EFI S# 0G318848

2. Member
    test all sensors ,start with air temp
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

3. Member
    Thanks. I’m at work now so don’t have the manual with me. What will I need to test sensors?
    Robert

4. Member
    volt/ohm meter
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

5. Member
    Update:
    The sensors all tested within normal limits. After messing around with all the sensors I tried again to start her. I smelled an electrical like smell. I took off the corrugated tubing and miles of electrical tape covering the wires going to the engine. The heavy gauge positive battery cable going into the engine was melted and about half gone in one section. Can’t believe it even tried to start. Replaced that cable and she starts like a champ now. Whatever works :-)

Robert

6. Member