Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

How long you wanna live?

I'll be 62 in a couple of months. No health issues, no medications. But boy can I feel age coming over me. Always been able to do all the sports and later in life the normal stuff.

But the last six months or so I can feel the aging factor creeping in. Got me thinking about how long do I really want to live. Once you can't reasonably pursue your hobbies, do you tone them down some and carry on with less intensive hobbies? I mean if I'm 80 yrs old and about all I can to do is tend the vegetable garden, I'm not sure how motivated I'll be to carry on. Enjoy cooking, reading, etc?

I know one thing I ain't doing, is getting carted off to the rest home to see how long I can breathe and burn through the remainder of my savings instead of donating them to my favorite cause. Think I'd rather drink a special elixir and call it a day.

Just thought I'd shoot out a optimistic thought to end our weekend!

2. Member
    As long as I can function and fish, I would like to stay around. I have a one year old grandson that I would like for him to remember who I was and watch him grow a bit. I will be 67 in November. It's really not up to us, though. God's in charge.

3. Member
    As you age your interests change so maybe you will find/ develop a new hobby appropriate for your age and activity level. I'm shooting for 100 unless I have a stroke and become a vegetable or something similar. I'm only 50 now.

4. Fishing is a Passion
    When I cannot take care of myself, time for the cocktail
    2002 Pro Craft 200 Super Pro- 2005 200 Mercury Optimax, Retired
    Empty Nester- Proud Grandfather 5-30-2014-Boy-Aiden, 8-2-2017-Boy-Calen

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyO View Post
    When I cannot take care of myself, time for the cocktail

This—-

55 but feel like I’m about 65 or so, no thanks to a trauma 16+ yrs ago.. I will continue the fight/struggle as long as I have grandkids in my life. But one thing for sure, if I can’t do it in my own home without burning through the savings then I plan to do like most farm cats..
    2001 Ranger 518DVX Comanche / Mercury 200 Opti (OT306368)

Better to burn out than to fade away!
    I’m 61 and have climbed my mountains, crossed the streams, raised a family, and retired at 50. I could pass away at any time and have no regrets. Life has been good to me. I never want to become a burden on my children. Do not resuscitate! Let me go!
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

8. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ifishinxs View Post
    Better to burn out than to fade away!
    I’m 61 and have climbed my mountains, crossed the streams, raised a family, and retired at 50. I could pass away at any time and have no regrets. Life has been good to me. I never want to become a burden on my children. Do not resuscitate! Let me go!
    Respect to you

When I can’t wipe my own ass I’ll be ready to go.
    2019 Blackjack 256
    Mercury Verado 350

Has anyone taken over Dr Kevorkian's cocktail mixing? I've always thought I'd want to end my life a little early if I got ALS.

11. Member
    I’m 71 with body parts failing. Knee surgery next month. Severe tendinitis in right arm. I had hoped to fish solo to at least 75. Starting to wonder.

12. Member
    Till I die! I want to live each day as it needs to really count. I will do something if I have to belly crawl to do it.

13. Member
    Greg
    Edgewater 245CC

14. Member
    As long as I enjoy life. I know I have an appointed time.......just don't know when it is.
    2020 Triton 18 TRX
    Tournament Fishing Package
    2020 Mercury 200 Pro XS V8 Serial # 2B588923
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80# I Pilot Link
    Hi Jacker EZ 6" Jack Plate
    Bravo 1 FS 24 Pitch Prop
    Humminbird Helix 7 SI GPS CHIRP G2 Bow
    Humminbird Helix 7 CHIRP MEGA GPS DI G3 Console
    Trick Step Boarding Steps
    RMP Engine Support

Saturday I'll be 79. Still enjoy bass fishing in my bass boat. Enjoy being with my wife. Hearing from my daughter and son and seeing them when we can. I don't care to go soon but I'm ready when the good lord calls me.

Give a man a fish and he\'ll have dinner, teach a man to fish and he\'ll be late for dinner!

1995 200ZX Skeeter
    Merc XRi 200
    MinnKota MaxxumPro 101

To see my kids become adults. Wife is currently battling cancer and I always thought I'd go first.

17. Banned
    thats a tough one. no kids here. wife is considerably older than me. unfortunately i imagine ill see her passing which will be the worse thing i could ever go through. dont really look forward to that. also with the way the world is headed... who looks forward to that?? fyi... im an eternal pessimstic.. i can only go up!!

18. Arkansas Rally Moderator Arkyarcher's Avatar
    Right now I'm shooting for 66 but after November I guess I'll shoot for 67.
    Gene Wilson

2000 Xpress X19 Mercury 200
    Team PoorMansCustomLures

Two wrongs don't make a right , but three lefts do.

19. Member
    Great Grandfather made it to 98. Grandfather made it to 96. I'm 63, good health, and plan to make it to 100. But, whenever I get to the point that I cannot take care of myself, that's when it will be time to take the last walk in the woods.

20. Member
    Thankful for the life I’ve been given to this point, I’m ready when I’m called home.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast