Rural King Batteries

I need a new battery for my truck before winter. A friend told me that rural king batteries are a lot cheaper than anywhere else, and my online research shows that I can get one about $40 cheaper than an auto parts store. Has anyone used their batteries for vehicles? Has anyone used them in a cold climate?

Thanks

Rural King is a long-time Exide customer. In fact, we are the exclusive provider of batteries to Rural King's 115 retail stores in the United States

Have used them in 2 of my trucks, no issues!

PROUD BBC SPONSOR

4. Member
    Their marine batteries are great!

5. Member
    What would you say about Tractors Supply batteries ? I happen to have one of them way closer than Rural King.

6. Member
    i have had zero problems out of two different batteries i purchased 2 1/2 years ago.one for my truck the other for my boat.both batteries were the heavy duty series.i am thinking they had around 900 cold cranking amps with about 180 minutes reserve power.i believe i paid around $70.00 ea for the batteries back then.some of our fishing club members have bought the same battery for cranking and for the trolling motor with good results.whether they will last 4 to 5 years is still unknown for now.but i do believe their batteries are the best bang for the buck.thanks,good luck and good fishing
    "keep your blood thin,you will live longer"

7. Member
    I had an Exide, it failed for a reason but wouldn't take a recovery charge. I took it back but they said after 24 months there is no pro-rate. I now buy Walmart Maxx, 3 year unconditional exchange no pro rate.

8. Member
    Bought exide for my truck and boat from Tractor Supply and hated both. Truck battery went down within a year, took it in and it tested as good. I knew it wasn’t good so I took it to an automotive store who checked it and it tested as bad. TSC told me since it tested good for them if they took it back they would have to put it back out on the shelf and label it as new. I’ll never buy a battery from them again.

9. Member
    When I bought my boat it had 6 month old rural king batteries and they failed before the year mark
    Murray State Alum
    2007 Champion 210 with all the toys