Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by kansassteelers View Post
    Both the new prop pitches came up as recommended by turning point but I dont recall seeing any vent holes so I guess I should seek out another brand, yes? The problem like Turning Point is it don't know the difference between a bass boat hull and a cuddy cabin pleasure boat hull
    As far as the engine height, u agree it measures and looks low but blowing out should not be the case if this is true. So if the props aren't vented then this would be the reason?
    With junk props they can blow out period and if your measurements are correct your too deep. You should be running a 24 Raker or 23 Renegade Bass with the pressed in hub that fits that narrow prop shaft. The vent holes can be added if need by a prop shop. Vent holes are only for the hole shot and have no effect while running on plane.
    2000 Javelin Renegade 20 DC.
    Strong men create easy times, Easy times create weak men & weak men create hard times. Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum
    In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.
    In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings. "Author Unknown"
    In 2021 18-40 year old's want to and work to cancel you out if you have a different opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by tdt91 View Post
    .... Vent holes are only for the hole shot and have no effect while running on plane.
    Not completely true although agree as a rule of thumb. Have experienced where once on plane, Leaning too hard on the throttle caused complete blow-out. Resized vent holes with JB Weld and re-drill and problem fixed.

3. Member
    With junk props they can blow out period and if your measurements are correct your too deep. You should be running a 24 Raker or 23 Renegade Bass with the pressed in hub that fits that narrow prop shaft. The vent holes can be added if need by a prop shop. Vent holes are only for the hole shot and have no effect while running on plane.
    Ok then, agreed. It looks as though I am too deep. I'll slap the 21 on, test run it and see if it's just a prop problem and if so, yay me. I'll raise it up, spend the money on a ss prop and be happy then the next thing is a jackplate. Thx for all the info, thoughts and recommendations from all. Will let ya know

4. Member
    Now the only question is 3 blade or 4 blade??

I like 4 blades on Stratos
    2000 Javelin Renegade 20 DC.
    Strong men create easy times, Easy times create weak men & weak men create hard times. Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum
    In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.
    In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings. "Author Unknown"
    In 2021 18-40 year old's want to and work to cancel you out if you have a different opinion.

6. Member
    I like 4 blades on Stratos
    10-4. Even on my old hull huh ?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12