9/26/20 Anita report.

Started really early I couldn’t sleep so got on the water about 5:30 way to early to see anything but I just stuck around the pontoon area and threw top water, spinner baits but never got any bites. The lake is still really low. My friend got there at 6:10. We wanted to start south of the back boat ramp, there’s a shallow flat close to a deep creek Channel on the east side. (Close to that small Island people that have fished Anita know what I’m talking about) we spot locked the boat in the channel were we could cast to the flats. There was some pads and grass around. I got some 14” bass on a whopper plopper (110 black color) also got a 3lb with a sexy dog spook bait in about 2ft of water it was the coolest bite I’ve had in a long time the fish hit it and came 1ft out of the water! Tried the buzz bait with no luck. My friend got a nice 2 1/2lb on a spinner bait as well. We then started moving south to the back end along the East side be careful and watch the depth it was only 1ft-1 1/2ft deep and I was Stirring up mud with the ultrex. We got few more smaller bass on that bank. Friend did get one on a weight less stick worm on that stretch as well. After that we tried some other spots but no luck. Finally got a bite on the rocks in front on the campground (15”er) after that we tried a big wobble head 3/4oz with a biffle but on top of the road bed, friend tried a drop shot but not luck... it was 12ish and we decided to call it and go home. Water temp was 68* but got to 70* at the end. The water had about 18” visibility.

So what are your guys favorite baits this time of year? This week we have some cooler nights coming so I think the water temps will get down fast. I’ll still fish hard till ice so should have some time yet. 👍

2. Member
    It's getting to that time of year to start throwing a crank bait a dead sticking a black and blue jig. P. Rose was about the same on Saturday. Took 5 hours just to get a limit in a club tournament and 10.40 won.

3. Member
    Yep. This weather this week is really going to cool the water down. I see few mid-30* lows! Yikes.... Do any of the guy use jerkbaits much? There’s still a few lakes I want to get to before it gets to cold seems the cold weather is coming to fast.

4. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Redog View Post
    Yep. This weather this week is really going to cool the water down. I see few mid-30* lows! Yikes.... Do any of the guy use jerkbaits much? There’s still a few lakes I want to get to before it gets to cold seems the cold weather is coming to fast.
    I've crushed them on jerkbaits with the water temp in the upper 30s 2 days before ice up. Wait until the water temp really starts to drop and then pick it up.

5. USAF and DOD retired Phoenix Jim's Avatar
    The best fishing of the year is the next three months with jerks
    2018 Phoenix 920 Pro XP