Thread: Sardis Lake

Sardis Lake

Went to Sardis yesterday and wacked them again. Three weekends in a row with over 30+ bass in the boat! Love fall fishing! Headed out in an hour to do it all over again! On vacation next week so look out! Just wish the lake had more big fish. Man it was super great back in the 70's but I believe it's coming back even better next year. This virus kept the good spawn and high water in fish making territory and limited pressure. Good fishing.

2. Moderator
    It’s fishing great I hear

3. Member
    10 4 it is better than I've seen in over 20 years. Just got home and fished 4 hours and caught 18/ All in 3 ft or less.

4. Member
    Wow! I used to love that lake but it has sucked for so long now. The few times I have tried it I caught several fish but all were small but one. I was there when the big die off happened. Fish were floating. Pretty sickening! I had a conversation with Hatcreek last year about it. I was curious as to why it couldn’t recover. Seems nothing really phased the Crappie. We used to have some great club tournaments there each year.

5. Member
    One of the biggest issues with Sardis is 1) Corps not allowing the water level to get up to 270+ in the early spring. They feel this is a flood control lake and not a fishing lake. 2) The MDWF doesn't stock the lake anymore as they did back in the 70- early 90's. The lake fishes great when the water stays above 270+ in the spring. Once the corps stopped allowing the lake to get over 260, fishing suffered. The Bass virus really put a nail in the coffin after years of low water levels in the spring. The last 4 years the corp. hasn't been able to let the water out in the spring due to flooding issues in the Delta. Its started showing the results the last 2 years. I've had a blast this year. Caught over 75 on one early summer trip! Its been 15 years since I could catch them like that out of Sardis. Enid's coming back also.