Differences between 2006-2009 210 Elite Year Production Models

All,

Am considering a used 210 Elite and was curious if there were any appreciable differences between the year over year models? Also, any known transom issues with the 210?

Have tried to educate myself by reading all the other threads, but could not seem to find anything specific. Looking to move from the "tin world" to the "glass world." Appreciate any first hand advice!

Thanks.....

Ken
    2020 Vexus AVX2080
    HDS 9 Lives

2. Champion Boats Moderator Lea's Avatar
    Ken, Check with TX Champ...aka Reggie. He is very knowledgeable about our boats and owns a 210.... I forgot to mention this in our PMs.

3. Member
    Thx. Will do.
    2020 Vexus AVX2080
    HDS 9 Lives

4. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    Ken, there's really no difference in the boats other than the seats. 06 & 07 had Llebroc 307 and 08 up had Llebroc GT2. All years had the MegaLink digital system that controlled all the pumps, lights, horn and has 2 accessory switches. If it still has that system recognizable by a keypad on the right side of the cockpit, it could be a ticking time bomb. They have a fairly high failure rate and there are no replacement parts available. Genmar did produce a rocker switch conversion kit for a few years, but it went away after they shut down the line. Good news is there will be a rocker switch kit available in the next few months.

There was a thread or two about flex in the transoms of some boats. I don't recall the year model. Mine is an 07 and I had the fiberglass shop I use check it for flex and there was none. If I remember correctly, if it had it, you could raise the motor so that you could grab the gearcase and lift and could see the flex.

Hope that helps. Reach out if you have further questions.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tx Champ View Post
    Ken, there's really no difference in the boats other than the seats. 06 & 07 had Llebroc 307 and 08 up had Llebroc GT2. All years had the MegaLink digital system that controlled all the pumps, lights, horn and has 2 accessory switches. If it still has that system recognizable by a keypad on the right side of the cockpit, it could be a ticking time bomb. They have a fairly high failure rate and there are no replacement parts available. Genmar did produce a rocker switch conversion kit for a few years, but it went away after they shut down the line. Good news is there will be a rocker switch kit available in the next few months.

There was a thread or two about flex in the transoms of some boats. I don't recall the year model. Mine is an 07 and I had the fiberglass shop I use check it for flex and there was none. If I remember correctly, if it had it, you could raise the motor so that you could grab the gearcase and lift and could see the flex.

Hope that helps. Reach out if you have further questions.
    Good to know. Thanks for taking the time to respond.
    2020 Vexus AVX2080
    HDS 9 Lives

6. Member
    My friend has a 06 210 and just spent 3k when his megalink went out. It is a bad azz boat though. His seats are giving out but the carpet is still in good shape. Had the control panel done at Boerne Marine her in New Braunfels, Texas.

Hi KP I have an 09 great boat , I'm the 2nd owner bought it in 2013 , so far only 1 issue with the Megalink and that's on 1 livewell pump sometimes won't work and the light keeps flashing on the switch , other than that everything else is working fine, very stable platform , lots of storage,

2009 ELITE 210

8. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BILL LO View Post
    Hi KP I have an 09 great boat , I'm the 2nd owner bought it in 2013 , so far only 1 issue with the Megalink and that's on 1 livewell pump sometimes won't work and the light keeps flashing on the switch , other than that everything else is working fine, very stable platform , lots of storage,
    I would suspect maybe that pump pulling too much current.