Thread: Cumberland lake

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by kyhunter35 View Post
    Get a large group together & head to Frankfort for the Fish & Wildlife Commission Meeting. Next meeting is Dec. 4th, I believe.
    https://fw.ky.gov/More/Pages/Commiss...ing-Dates.aspx
    I can't make the meeting but I can send them ANOTHER e-mail voicing my concern.

Quote Originally Posted by nightbasser View Post
    Different outlook when its in your backyard... Everything is a 2 sided coin...Locals have fished this lake our entire lives and we will fight to protect it
    I guess I just don’t understand how the resource is being hurt by letting a few tournaments a year catch and release 12 inch fish.
    2021 Ranger Z519 Mercury 225 Pro XS Four Stroke

Delayed mortality...and yes it happens with legal size fish but allowing fish that are under the state size limit increases the chances for more dead fish. If they are protected from meat hunters and other tournament anglers then I see no reason why a group should get a special exemption...of course I do see the reason. Large groups that bring in $ get the special exemption. To me this is not right. In this particular case to me BLM means #bass lives matter...LOL

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JR19 View Post
    Delayed mortality...and yes it happens with legal size fish but allowing fish that are under the state size limit increases the chances for more dead fish. If they are protected from meat hunters and other tournament anglers then I see no reason why a group should get a special exemption...of course I do see the reason. Large groups that bring in $ get the special exemption. To me this is not right. In this particular case to me BLM means #bass lives matter...LOL

Why does there have to be so many tournaments anyway? No matter what kind they are. Growing the sport is killing the resource.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EKYRanger View Post
    Why does there have to be so many tournaments anyway? No matter what kind they are. Growing the sport is killing the resource.
    Manufacturers and companies don't care about they are just out to make a buck!!!!
    "Luminous beings are we not this crude matter." Yoda

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nightbasser View Post
    Manufacturers and companies don't care about they are just out to make a buck!!!!
    Guess that's why they are in business.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EKYRanger View Post
    Hang on now. I read through several of the million MLF threads and was told 5 fish weigh in tournaments had no ill affect to the population.

Quote Originally Posted by Axkiker View Post
    Hang on now. I read through several of the million MLF threads and was told 5 fish weigh in tournaments had no ill affect to the population.
    Sounds like you believe that about as much as I do.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123