Thread: Cumberland lake

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Les Young View Post
    Ever since FLW came to town they’ve got exactly what they wanted. I’ve stated it before & will again if they can’t go by the regulations we all do every day then have their tournaments somewhere else.
    Tourism Lives Matter...let the anglers bunt so the economy can hit a homerun. Poker runs not bringing in enough money so you got to attract cash the best you can. Just sell out our natural resource, it will replenish...dam where is the sarcasm emoji when I need it.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JR19 View Post
    dam where is the sarcasm emoji when I need it.

3. Member
    https://www.bassmaster.com/sites/def...and_tour_0.pdf

12' on a spotted bass...man that's a huge spot... 12" on Largemouth and smallmouth. The High School and Junior event also has the same size limit...short largemouth and short smallmouth. Looking at the pictures posted from day one I saw several under size fish per what the state regulations are normally. The weight numbers would be lower had they not allowed short fish to be brought to the scales...Thank You KDFW for selling our natural resource to BASS for Tourism money.
    Absolute horse****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Greed is ruining everything!!!!!!!!! sellout everything for the almighty dollar!

The local discontent with our area being exploited for tourism is growing very quickly! Try taking your family to the lake on the weekends here during the summer... most locals have stopped boating for fear of being run over by the hundreds of drunks on the lake from out of state, try finding a place to hunt... thanks to a transplant from out of state land leasing promoter none of the locals have a place to hunt...try going off roading... due to the large crowds coming here from out of state landowners are stopping all offroad riding...
    Last edited by nightbasser; 10-03-2020 at 11:17 AM.
    "Luminous beings are we not this crude matter." Yoda

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Guntucky View Post
    We sure are teaching the younglings about set rules.
    Same BS as participation trophies!!!! If you cant perform and work for it we will just bend and change the rules to make it easy!

5. Member
    Ever since FLW came to town they’ve got exactly what they wanted. I’ve stated it before & will again if they can’t go by the regulations we all do every day then have their tournaments somewhere else.
    Exactly!!!! Take that ****show somewhere else!! "Gotta make good TV" was the quote overheard about the size limit changes.

6. Member
    Oh ... my....some truth in the above....that and a dollar won't get ya a cup of coffee though.....sadness

7. Member
    OOOOOOOOOOOO's....talk to the big boys and get a participation award...ease the pressure

8. Member
    They released those fish, right?

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by spec View Post
    Yep , but the fish & wildlife started out saying they were doing a tournament mortality study in 50 degree water. Why weren't they around all summer doing them on the weekly tournaments? It was all a crock of sh*t & blowing smoke up everybodys asses. Charlie Evans flat out told me that if the Fish & wildlife hadn't reduced the size limit that they(FLW) wouldn't have came back. Who really gives a shit about them being here to start with & if they are they damn sure need to obey the lake rules set forth by fish & wildlife like the rest of us do.Now big bass bonanza is here next weekend so theres another huge tournament here that Pulaski County & the Citys of Somerset & Burnside will lobby to have back every year. The citys & county are willing to exploit the lake for all they can get out of it without anything in return. How about cleaning around it when it's down, helping with the cost of restocking fish in it & running all over it clkeaning up the trash that gets into it everyday? They care so much about it. Yeah right. For the record i like tournament fishing, but i absolutely believe any tournament that comes here should abide by the same rules everybody else does every other day of the year.If they can't go to a 12" size limit lake so they can make that good tv they're worried so much about.

10. RIP Evinrude 1907-2020 JR19's Avatar
    Yep , but the fish & wildlife started out saying they were doing a tournament mortality study in 50 degree water. Why weren't they around all summer doing them on the weekly tournaments? It was all a crock of sh*t & blowing smoke up everybodys asses. Charlie Evans flat out told me that if the Fish & wildlife hadn't reduced the size limit that they(FLW) wouldn't have came back. Who really gives a shit about them being here to start with & if they are they damn sure need to obey the lake rules set forth by fish & wildlife like the rest of us do.Now big bass bonanza is here next weekend so theres another huge tournament here that Pulaski County & the Citys of Somerset & Burnside will lobby to have back every year. The citys & county are willing to exploit the lake for all they can get out of it without anything in return. How about cleaning around it when it's down, helping with the cost of restocking fish in it & running all over it clkeaning up the trash that gets into it everyday? They care so much about it. Yeah right. For the record i like tournament fishing, but i absolutely believe any tournament that comes here should abide by the same rules everybody else does every other day of the year.If they can't go to a 12" size limit lake so they can make that good tv they're worried so much about.
    I agree with you 100% but you know as well as I do the al mighty dollar will win in the end.

11. Member
    Terrible stench off this whole deal!!! Follow the money!!! To Hades with all true outdoorsmen that shell out hard earned money for licenses and abide by fish and game laws. Rules for thee but not for me!
    Last edited by nightbasser; 10-04-2020 at 10:04 PM.

12. RIP Evinrude 1907-2020 JR19's Avatar
    I am more upset with KDFW than the local tourism commission. Think about it...its the tourism commission's job to do what they can to attract tourism so in essence they are doing their job. The job of KDFW is to protect our natural resource and here is where we have a huge failure. If people can't see who dropped the ball then it was KDFW ...I have no ill will against tourism. Do I like to see local lakes crowded with out of town people, no but they have the same right to use the resource as I do but when KDFW reduces the size limit for select events suddenly the out of towners get special privileges over the regular public and this is something I do not agree with. I am glad when local mom and pop shops see out of town $. I fully understand that out of town money is what keeps a lot of the businesses a float and the books in the black. Buy no means do I want to see them struggle because I hope they thrive but not at the expense of lowering regulations on our natural resources.

KDFW is suppose to set regulations and protect our natural resources. If someone wants to come fish Cumberland then buy all means you have the right to do so BUT we should all abide buy the same regulations. This has been going on with large events since 2017. XFLW, BASS and even a few other select organizations has gotten KDFW to lower the size limit multiple times between 2017 and now so they can hoist an event. Imagine how many out of state license's KDFW has sold over the years to out of state people who are only coming to KY because the tournament organization they fish with is going there because they got KDFW to lower the size limit. It's a two fold $ deal. KDFW makes money lowering the size limit and the local economy makes $. Again I hope the local economy thrives but not at the expense of KDFW selling out our natural resource.

13. Member
    I agree though the KDFWR are sacrificing the resource for a dollar!!
    Last edited by nightbasser; 10-05-2020 at 05:05 AM.

14. Member
    I am more upset with KDFW than the local tourism commission. Think about it...its the tourism commission's job to do what they can to attract tourism so in essence they are doing their job. The job of KDFW is to protect our natural resource and here is where we have a huge failure. If people can't see who dropped the ball then it was KDFW ...I have no ill will against tourism. Do I like to see local lakes crowded with out of town people, no but they have the same right to use the resource as I do but when KDFW reduces the size limit for select events suddenly the out of towners get special privileges over the regular public and this is something I do not agree with. I am glad when local mom and pop shops see out of town $. I fully understand that out of town money is what keeps a lot of the businesses a float and the books in the black. Buy no means do I want to see them struggle because I hope they thrive but not at the expense of lowering regulations on our natural resources.

KDFW is suppose to set regulations and protect our natural resources. If someone wants to come fish Cumberland then buy all means you have the right to do so BUT we should all abide buy the same regulations. This has been going on with large events since 2017. XFLW, BASS and even a few other select organizations has gotten KDFW to lower the size limit multiple times between 2017 and now so they can hoist an event. Imagine how many out of state license's KDFW has sold over the years to out of state people who are only coming to KY because the tournament organization they fish with is going there because they got KDFW to lower the size limit. It's a two fold $ deal. KDFW makes money lowering the size limit and the local economy makes $. Again I hope the local economy thrives but not at the expense of KDFW selling out our natural resource.
    Gene I'm being told the local tourism people have dirt on their hands in all of this too! The KDFW was lobbied and or\pressured to get all this krap going and keep it going. Things just don't add up otherwise...

15. Member
    The KDFWR is housed under the Dept of Tourism.

16. Member
    Here is something else to think about too!!! the number of striper guides has doubled or tripled over the last year and a half... if you think they arent also targeting smallmouth with their no skill live bait tactics then you better think again!!!!!! Plenty of proof on bookface if you want to look. Cumberland was once a trophy striper fishery but it never will be again! Why because of the almighty dollar once again and no one wants to work for anything these days and put in the effort... sit in a stand and kill a deer when it comes up to eat the pile of corn you poured out... catch a smallmouth or striper on live bait... just so you can get your pic on bookface. Sportsmanship and honor have gone by the wayside to collect a dollar or be a social media hero!

17. Member
    Get a large group together & head to Frankfort for the Fish & Wildlife Commission Meeting. Next meeting is Dec. 4th, I believe.
    https://fw.ky.gov/More/Pages/Commiss...ing-Dates.aspx

18. Member
    The incessant tourneys and stripper guides do take a huge toll on smallmouth here no doubt. A lot of clients expect cooler full of fish no matter what flavor. Looks like green fish taking a beating a dale by the recent pictures of stringers full of fish. Never fails no matter where u are- when a lake cycles up like dale and Cumberland- meat heads quickly arrive and beat it down

Quote Originally Posted by spec View Post
    What was the answer to this? Yes, they released them? Bunch of grumpy old men in here, wow.
    2021 Ranger Z519 Mercury 225 Pro XS Four Stroke

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by besnyde View Post
    What was the answer to this? Yes, they released them? Bunch of grumpy old men in here, wow.
    Different outlook when its in your backyard... Everything is a 2 sided coin...Locals have fished this lake our entire lives and we will fight to protect it

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast