HYDRAULIC STEERING FEEDBACK?????????

So I fished a tournament yesterday and for the first time in my ownership of this boat 6 years I was getting feedback from the steering almost like the old cars before power steering ,It only happened when I was turning to the left ( witch is against the prob rotation ) Its a seastar steering system. I don't see anything leaking any advice or avenue to go down would be greatly appreciated Thanks
    Last edited by randy albert; 09-27-2020 at 09:40 AM.

What brand steering will help someone point you in the right direction, also I'd post in the correct motor forum for more knowledgeable traffic.
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

3. Member
    Have you changed the height of the motor lately?

4. Member
    Nope

The "feedback" your talking about...when you turn to the left did it feel like the steering would pop.

6. Member
    alittle bit and choppy like i could turn it but it wanted to go in 2" then it would stop me or not want to turn

7. Member
    I get “feedback” on mine at certain trim positions in the sense that it’s harder to turn left than right but never so much it can turn the wheel if I loosen grip. I thought this was normal but popping/choppy certainly isn’t.

I had the same issue. Replaced the seals at the cylinder. Its leaking slow and now there is air in the system. My opinion do not drive it until its fixed
    Paul Gifto
    2013 Nitro Z9 2021 250hp Mercury ProXS
    Ontario Canada 🇨🇦

9. Member
    First I'd check the fluid level. Add it turn the wheel hard over to one side first and then fill it. Bleeding one of these systems is pretty easy I won't go into it (again) for now. It may have a serious issue or need fluid or bleeding. Sounds silly but make sure your hoses and fittings aren't hitting anything.