Thread: Livescope vs 2d

Livescope vs 2d

First time out with the livescope. So I only have 1 question, do you guys even use 2d sonar on the bow or just livescope all the time?

2. Member
    Both, all the time. I do a lot of jigging. The pointing of the LVS to keep a fish onscreen can be delicate, especially close in. 2d solves that.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

Leonard, do you use split screen with LS or have a 2nd set for 2D...Love 2D when jigging.

USS Intrepid CVS-11 Helicopter Anti Submarine Warfare Squadron-3 1960-1964

When I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations I have a good day

4. Member
    It depends on how deep I am fishing. Down to about 60 ft, I use split screen. The 2d comes from the GT54 on the Force, not the 2d built in to the LVS. Right now my walleye are around 80ft deep. I use the Edge3 tight cone there and LVS is split horizontally with PS22 in bottom half for the extra range (150). When I see something within 80 ft range, I touch the screen LVS to bring it full screen. Not really walleye fishing much right now. Having a blast with spotted bass. They can be anywhere and we have lots of them.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

Great setup. Unfortunately my 2D would have to come from my GT54 which is at the transom..

USS Intrepid CVS-11 Helicopter Anti Submarine Warfare Squadron-3 1960-1964

When I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations I have a good day

6. Member
    Stick a GT8 on your trolling motor. It's a good transducer and doesn't cost much.

7. Member
    Okay so I’ve got a 1242 touch for livescope at the bow. Right now I run a Lowrance 8 at the bow and a 10 at the console. Thinking about switching to garmin. I want to stay with touch screen if I make the switch. Probably 10” unit for the console and another for the bow. Maybe a 9” for the bow. Which unit and transducers do I need?

8. Member
    You will want to stay with the GPSmap series if you want your units linked. GPSmap and Echomap series will not communicate with each other.

Retired grass grower

ROCK CHALK

9. Member
    I can see great under and around my boat with Livescope, haven't had the need for 2d on the bow since I installed it almost 2 years ago.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Royt View Post
    I can see great under and around my boat with Livescope, haven't had the need for 2d on the bow since I installed it almost 2 years ago.
    After my trip yesterday I can see that. I was amazed by it. Only gripe I have is trying to choose units is difficult. Too many options. Lol

11. Member
    You already have a GPSMAP unit. I would think you would want to stay in that family.

12. Member
    One more question. As far as I can tell the 942 touch doesn’t offer side vu. Am I correct?

13. Member
    That's correct. It will display SideVu from another networked GPSMAP unit that does SideVu.

14. Member
    I used livescope all the time when I first got it two months ago. Now mostly 2D. Havent yet seen much advantage to livescope where I fish.