LiveScope Comparing v2.00 and v2.41

I posted this fairly deep in another thread but since there has been so much discussion about this I thought I would make a thread just for it. I'm not saying it proves anything but at the least it is some anecdotal evidence from one specific situation. Situations are different and individual results will be different too.

The left side is v2.00 original as came on the GLS10. The right side of the screen is the v2.41
    When four jigs were used the top two are 1/16oz and the bottom two are 1/32oz. There are 4 jigs even if you only see three. When seven jigs were used all were 1/8oz. There are no snaps. Jigs tied directly to line.

I alternated which transducer was connected to each GLS10. One was mounted on the torpedo and is named FOOT32 onscreen. The other is up on the shaft and it's named Shaft32. Only the right side shows the name so the left side is whichever one the right side is not. Since there can be a difference in transducers I switched the transducers back and forth on the boxes but maintained proper identification. Both transducers are canted. A lot of the videos have NR and TVG off. I think those settings give a better representation of what the transducer can see. Filtering can hide both unwanted and wanted returns. So you'll have to tolerate ghost trees. As you'll see there is quiet a bit of interference.

The significance of the file names.
    Jx x is the number of jigs, either 4 or 7
    G?? Gain 60, 70 or automedium (am)
    NR??? off, low or medium
    TVG ??? off or low
    ShaftFoot or FootShaft. Left to right on screen of which transducer was used.
    When I focused on a specific range I included that range in the filename.

I'm lazy. The easiest way for me to share these videos is to link them in my Google Drive. Here is the link.
    There are 16 videos. You may want to look at them or may not.

https://tinyurl.com/v200andv241

Some of you may have requests for additional comparisons. I'm not doing that. I borrowed the box and returned it. I am paranoid about borrowing stuff. Usually when I borrow something I end up having to buy it. This guy fishes too and done me a favor loaning me his box. Good or bad, as they say it is what it is. Also, I am not including any interpretation. Judge for yourself.

The weak and dead spots reported on seem related to the ghost trees. The ghost trees are related to depth and bottom type but also affected by the incline of the bottom and nearby banks. When you filter out the ghost trees it's inevitable that targets of similar strength and weaker will be filtered out. Thanks to Roy, Gene, pfisher and others for focusing attention on this. It has changed how I fish. Lately, I no longer adjust the settings to eliminate the ghost tree.

Here are some samples of ghost trees. NR and TVG were both OFF.

https://tinyurl.com/LVSghosttrees
    Last edited by LWINCHESTER2; 09-27-2020 at 03:46 PM.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

2. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    Here mine from today

3. Member
    That's basically what my unit shows. I have no complaints.. Lucky I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by TOUCH OF CLASS View Post
    Here mine from today

4. Member
    Are you using an 86xx model screen?

5. Banned
    My entire issue with all of this is it never was a problem before perspective mode so don't BS me on the phone. Don't tell my electronics guy, who has spent hours on this for his customers, that they aren't seeing any of this with me standing there listening.

Either fix it or say they can't. One thing I know for 100% sure I didn't have it before I needed an exchange for a defective system.

6. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    Sorry if I confused ,that video is old unit with old version,yes the 241 on my other unit is bad but I keep waiting to see if they release a update.I use the old version as my primary and will probably sell the other down the road.

7. fish8503@yahoo.com GOTTA BIG SACK's Avatar
    So is it still better to use the old software and not update? What was the last version before it went hay wire?
    2021 Skeeter ZX150
    2020 Sea Doo GTI se 170