Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

best Florida lakes for double digit bass

I want my 86 year old Father to catch a double digit bass before he leaves this earth. I would like input on the best lake or two in Florida to get a double digit bass and also which guides have a reputation for putting their clients where the big ones live. We would probably fish about 3 or 4 days while we are there.

2. Member
    Honestly probably somewhere in California
    2023 Phoenix 819 pro
    2023 200 Pro XS 4s 3B373365

pond boat
    2020 pelican Bass raider 10E

3. Member
    Brother, if you find out let us know lol!

But honestly, finding a double digit this time of year is going to be a big ask. Your odds are probably best trying some private pay to play water like Promise Ranch or similar

4. Banned
    Rodman reservoir ,,, My wifes second bass ever was over 9, and the next one was one of mine weighed 10.6... I lost one I couldnt even turn its head.
    Sean Rush,, trophybass@brighthouse.com,,, also he has an associate I fished with who is awesome... Tommy.. font recall last name but Sean referred me.

5. Banned
    I usually don't do this butt.......

I played pro baseball up in Idaho in the Pioneer League and the Northwest League and those are some of the nicest people around and I ran into nice folks so it is a good time to 'repay'...

Check here: (worth it to see the opening gig)

https://bienville.com

6. Member
    2019 Vexus 1880 w/ Mercury Pro-XS 115 4-stroke, MK 80lb Fortex, Twin Helix 7 Birds, Pro II PowerPole. AEguideservice.com

7. Member
    Thanks for the replies. I should have mentioned we want to go during the best month to catch a trophy. Winter would be great for me since our lakes are frozen. Isn't January and February when they are moving up to spawn there?

Jan-March Toho. Get a guide and some shiners!
    If you want a pig, flip a jig!!!

Quote Originally Posted by johnmr12 View Post
    Thanks for the replies. I should have mentioned we want to go during the best month to catch a trophy. Winter would be great for me since our lakes are frozen. Isn't January and February when they are moving up to spawn there?
    They start moving up in Dec. On Okeechobee then it goes through Match as you move further North in the state.
    XPRESS H 18 SS, YAMAHA 115

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dropdeadfred View Post
    Rodman reservoir ,,, My wifes second bass ever was over 9, and the next one was one of mine weighed 10.6... I lost one I couldnt even turn its head.
    Sean Rush,, trophybass@brighthouse.com,,, also he has an associate I fished with who is awesome... Tommy.. font recall last name but Sean referred me.

I would book 4 days with Sean, great shot at a 10lber

11. Member
    I want my 86 year old Father to catch a double digit bass before he leaves this earth. I would like input on the best lake or two in Florida to get a double digit bass and also which guides have a reputation for putting their clients where the big ones live. We would probably fish about 3 or 4 days while we are there.
    Bienville was mentioned, and its probably your best bet for a big fish, and a great experience.

Private, managed phosphate pits with excellent accommodations. Well suited for a older guy - protected calm water, no long or rough boat rides, and off the water in minutes if needed.

Its not cheap, but nothing any good is ever cheap.

12. Member
    Bienville is a good place if you have deeeeep pockets. My cousin guided out there years ago. it’s not quite what it was from back then but still a decent place to have a shot at a 10lbs bass. Also you can’t bring your own boat And you have to hire a guide. This or pay the $3000+ to lease a lake for a year. if you want there are two public phosphate lakes nearby that you also would have a good shot at a big bass. There names are Lang and Eagle. Another is Orange lake near Gainesville. Any of These places I think would give you a good shot.

13. Member
    C.C Corey guide service. He is in North FL. (Palatka) Do a search for him on the interweb.
    I don't always post or reply but when I do, I...?

14. Member
    Kingsley in Jan-March seems to consistently produce some of the biggest fish in the state each year for Trophy Catch

Do a search in the FWC Trophy Catch website for the months you plan to come down from the year before, it will give you a good idea if you are considering public waters

https://www.trophycatchflorida.com/search-catches.aspx
    Current: 2014 Sportsman Masters 207/150 Yamaha
    9 previous Rangers

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by flranger View Post
    Kingsley in Jan-March seems to consistently produce some of the biggest fish in the state each year for Trophy Catch

Do a search in the FWC Trophy Catch website for the months you plan to come down from the year before, it will give you a good idea if you are considering public waters

https://www.trophycatchflorida.com/search-catches.aspx

Kingsley is restricted access. You need to ether rent a house, get a lottery pass, be law enforcement, military, or maybe firefighter (?).

The big fish caught in the spring are bedders often caught by the step ladder crowd.

16. Member
    Since you are getting a guide. Get one on stick marsh using shiners. I do not know if guides have moved onto new headwaters also down there yet. Calm waters for an older man, very shallow and a great time. I have been fishing by guided boats where the folks used up 4 dozen shiners in 2 hours.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dropdeadfred View Post
    X2 on Sean Rush

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion922 View Post
    Since you are getting a guide. Get one on stick marsh using shiners. I do not know if guides have moved onto new headwaters also down there yet. Calm waters for an older man, very shallow and a great time. I have been fishing by guided boats where the folks used up 4 dozen shiners in 2 hours.
    With the past nuking of the StickMarsh there are very few double digit bass left, not the place to go for that goal.

You could likely catch a big bass at Stick Marsh with shiners and a guide. I think the odds would be VERY MUCH against you catching a double digit.

I would look at one of the private places if in Florida and searching for a dd.
    ----------------------------
    The bitterness of poor quality is remembered
    long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten - Benjamin Franklin

2013 RANGER RT188 - YAMAHA F115 - ULTREX - LOWRANCE GRAPHS
    LOCK-N-HAUL Transom Saver, ALL ABOARD Emergency Ladder
    1996 RANGER CHEROKEE - 40 YAMAHA

20. Banned
    If ya happen to luck up dont keep her. Take a pic and let her go.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast