Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Check out Brent Anderson at Vero Beach Trophy Bass. You can find him on all social media. Great guy and unreal fishing.

Benny Rigney

2. Member
    After doing some research, I'm thinking of going to the new lake in Fellsmere. I was also thinking of renting a bass boat and equipment and bringing my own tackle. Are there bass boat rental places in Florida? I would fly into Orlando so any place between there and Fellsmere would work.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by johnmr12 View Post
    After doing some research, I'm thinking of going to the new lake in Fellsmere. I was also thinking of renting a bass boat and equipment and bringing my own tackle. Are there bass boat rental places in Florida? I would fly into Orlando so any place between there and Fellsmere would work.
    Well from what I hear that Lake was HOT for a couple of weeks, then like any water that gets pressure it has died off. Fish that never seen a lure will bite like crazy for awhile but after a few sore mouth events they learn quickly.

I don't know of any place near there that rents boats also don't really know of any place to stay real close by. Good Luck though.

4. Gar & Mudfish expert! :/ Mickstix's Avatar
    Don't know of any places that'll rent you a boat and let you trailer it somewhere other then the water/marina it resides on? IMO, if it's a double digit bass you're after, you'll need to bring plenty of money for a -good- guide and shiners. My targets would be Rodman or possibly Harris. Good luck!

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadeye1 View Post
    Well from what I hear that Lake was HOT for a couple of weeks, then like any water that gets pressure it has died off. Fish that never seen a lure will bite like crazy for awhile but after a few sore mouth events they learn quickly.

I don't know of any place near there that rents boats also don't really know of any place to stay real close by. Good Luck though.
    Fellsmere did not die off from the pressure, it died because once again our FWC destroyed an unbelievable fishery by over nuking it and turning the water from gin clear aquarium to rotten diarrhea water in a matter of a few months. Totally shut down the insane fishing that was in there. We've fished it the last 3 years with totals and quality no one has ever seen. On bad days 40+ and good days 100+ with every trip producing multiple 7,8, & 9's and had a dozen between us over 10 with my biggest 12lbs 13oz. Florida fish hate dirty water and these guys have lived in the clearest water I've ever seen here in Florida until it drastically changed. The fish are still in there, I got a 10.2 a couple weeks back but its not even close to the kind of fishing is used to be. It's a real shame most will never experience what it was like, for any old timers it was like the early days of the Stick Marsh but on steroids.

6. Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by born 2 fish View Post
    Honestly probably somewhere in California
    Where is this "California" in Florida??

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12