Pool 13-Not A Bass

We have had bites over the years here by Sauger, Walleye, Catfish, Crappie, Drum, Dogfish, Smallmouth, Largemouth, and lately one of these...pool 13 northern 9 2020.jpg
    The bite was on a silver-gray 3 1/2 in Arbogast Mud Bug... wish they were still making them. This guy went around 35-36 in - but was a real fatty.

Mississippi River Pool 13
    Ranger R93 / Merc 200

2. Member
    That's a real beauty!

Beautiful pike!

4. Proud American Union local16's Avatar
    That's a dandy

Dale Sinclair original

5. Member
    Awesome fish! That would have been exciting

6. Member
    They been robbing me blind lately!
    LEGEND ALPHA 199DCX / 225 PRO XS MERCURY

Dave, we too have been ripped off bringing in tag end line and no bait. Just bit off like a surgical cut. This particular hole has often produced Northern bites - but this one was special. What had us laughing was when the fish bit, I thought it would be a giant bass since that's what we were looking for. Dan said, "Do you want the net?" I say, "I think so". So he goes in the box and begins to assemble the Master Net. By now we can see it's no bass - but I want my bait back. Then we realize there is no way that fish is going in that dip net. We are laughing and Dan swipes at the fish and snags treble hooks and lifts the fish over the gunnel. It was fun and I got my bait (with hooks destroyed), got a photo, and set it free.

That's a miller Lite

9. Member
    Nice!

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hooksetter5 View Post
    Dave, we too have been ripped off bringing in tag end line and no bait. Just bit off like a surgical cut. This particular hole has often produced Northern bites - but this one was special. What had us laughing was when the fish bit, I thought it would be a giant bass since that's what we were looking for. Dan said, "Do you want the net?" I say, "I think so". So he goes in the box and begins to assemble the Master Net. By now we can see it's no bass - but I want my bait back. Then we realize there is no way that fish is going in that dip net. We are laughing and Dan swipes at the fish and snags treble hooks and lifts the fish over the gunnel. It was fun and I got my bait (with hooks destroyed), got a photo, and set it free.
    Yes sir! When you can get a great battle and boat 'em it's good time! The smile on the old guy says it all!
    LEGEND ALPHA 199DCX / 225 PRO XS MERCURY