Terrible Install -- Elite 9ti12 - Pictures of Images

Pretty sad. I had a Dealership install my Elite 9ti2 since I needed to have a Fortrex 80 installed and thought I'd just get both done at the same time professionally.

They did a pretty crappy job. Just a really sloppy install. They even lost the map card that came with the unit. Unbelievable.

Not really sure what to do about this. Seeing fuzzy images. Not sharp at all. And I'm also having missing pixels in the images as you can see.

On the right side of the SI there are vertical bars?!?

They installed the transducer on the port side of the boat. I was really surprised at that. I've always seen it on the starboard side. Not really sure if this matters or not?

This is on a 14' Lowe Roughneck with a Merc 25.

Pretty unhappy about all of this. Not sure what to do about this. Appreciate any recommendations.

Elite 9ti2 DS by Dorian Yanke, on Flickr

Elite 9ti2 SI by Dorian Yanke, on Flickr

2. Member
    The dealer should replace the map card.

Restore DEFAULTS and start over.

Be sure the transducer is level.

Watch some of the you tube video's too. They will get you started.

And the manual is your friend.

3. Member
    The black bars on both downscan and sidescan are normal when in auto depth range and the unit changes range. In your case it shouldn’t have been changing range, but the unit has a hard time seeing bottom through heavy vegetation so that’s what was happening there.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by robm_mb View Post
    The black bars on both downscan and sidescan are normal when in auto depth range and the unit changes range. In your case it shouldn’t have been changing range, but the unit has a hard time seeing bottom through heavy vegetation so that’s what was happening there.
    Thanks for the comment about the black bars/missing pixels. But the vertical bars/stripes on the right side of the SI image don’t seem like they should be there. They were pictured anytime I was in SI mode.

5. Member
    For sure, something is wrong there re: horizontal bars on down imaging and seemingly corresponding vertical
    bars on SI, not sure what to suggest there...

6. Member
    Looks like your getting obstruction of the prop and interference from other electronics. I would research there are lots of YouTube videos on the subject. First I would definitely move your transducer to starboard side and mount it as low as you can. You could put it in the middle too it’s up to you. Just make sure the transducer gets clean water running over it to get good images.

7. Banned
    Been down this road. Do not start troubleshooting until you find an installer that knows what he/she is doing. I spent weeks trying to do my own troubleshooting and it was a disaster. Come to find out the internet is one of the worst places for advice on electronics. There are some knowledgeable folks for sure but they are few and far between.

Hopefully you have someone that can point you towards a good electronics guy. If nothing else send me a message and I'll give you the number for my guy. He is all about helping folks get the most out of their gear and install. He sure wouldn't mind talking to you I sure.

8. Member
    Watch the YouTube video by LOWRANCE expert Jacob Scott on how to properly mount the transducer. SOP

9. Banned
    Your SI is bouncing off the lower unit most likely, causing the vertical lines. Try trimming the motor up farther and see if they go away.

10. Member
    Thanks all. Pretty upset about this. I thought it was going to be a really simple install, especially for a dealership that sells Lowrance as their primary fish finder on their boats.

Probably going to take it to another dealership and have them figure this out.

Unbelievable. Thought I'd finally get to enjoy some Fall fishing. Oh well. Hopefully I'll find someone that can get this figured out quickly.

11. Member
    Most important - Restore default then change 2D palette to #13 and sidescan to #10, then get out into an area around 20ft depth that has some rocks or timber and set sidescan range to min 80ft - problem should be solved.

12. Member
    I have seen many transducers mounted on the port side of the boat, most tiller boats around here have them mounted on the port side.

13. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 5-20 View Post
    Thanks all. Pretty upset about this. I thought it was going to be a really simple install, especially for a dealership that sells Lowrance as their primary fish finder on their boats.

Probably going to take it to another dealership and have them figure this out.

Unbelievable. Thought I'd finally get to enjoy some Fall fishing. Oh well. Hopefully I'll find someone that can get this figured out quickly.
    Just because they are a dealer doesn't mean they know what they are doing. In an area your size there has to be a guy that is very good at electronic installs. It's probably someone that isn't mentioned very often who works from home.