retired military technici mt72916's Avatar

Unhappy ULTERRA SPEED CONTROL KNOB

I purchased in June Ulterra model 1358985 and I have the pedal permanently mounted to my deck. I have somehow bumped the speed control knob firmly and it seems to have traveled backwards or forward past the 10 speed position.. Without forcing the issue, I rotated the dial to 2-3 position. I can see wires moving underneath the dial. The speed control switch is stuck in telling the motor to run at 10 speed. Does this sound like something that will require parts or something that has become dismounted that I might easily fix? I do a lot of DIY remote can run different speeds.
    Last edited by mt72916; 09-28-2020 at 11:48 AM.

Ranger 2002 175 DVS F115 Yamaha
    Ulterra SI, Helix 9 MSI G3 on bow and console
    2007 2500 6.7 Diesel Ram 2015 Crusader 294RLT
    fish DeGray lake in April & October

2. Member
    I have not used mine for about 2 years or so (since I got it). Just jumped in on this to tell you, before you buy a new one you might ask on this forum if anybody had one at a good price. I am leaving mine stored just in case my remote or units are not working. Being plastic, things get broke.
    Tell me where has a slow movin' once quick draw outlaw got to go

3. Member
    Unplug the foot pedal and try the remote to see that it is not some other problem.
    I would either bring the foot pedal to an ASC and tell them the problem or call Minn Kota and tell them your problem and they will send you a new one.. Make sure you have the troll motor Serial number. It is inside the base just forward of the steering module on the sidewall of the base.

I have a terrova, and I probably kicked the roller all the way around a few times, never had any issues but I would unhook the foot pedal as well and run it on the remote to see if it is functioning correctly
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

5. retired military technici mt72916's Avatar
    I disassembled foot pedal and found the switch and knob had come loose from mounting point, otherwise it would have been to order a new base plate.
    The only problem I had was the 4 snaplock retainers on the outer face portion were in a slot that was real tight.
    They normally release by pushing outward from the center of the pedal.
    I had to use a little light percussion on the bottom of the snaplocks to release them

The pedal is a very cheap and poorly designed device.
    all controls except the speed control use tiny magnets on the ends of a lever
    to operate latching relays or semiconductor similar type devices in the control board.
    Last edited by mt72916; 09-28-2020 at 12:06 PM.

Ranger 2002 175 DVS F115 Yamaha
    Ulterra SI, Helix 9 MSI G3 on bow and console
    2007 2500 6.7 Diesel Ram 2015 Crusader 294RLT
    fish DeGray lake in April & October

6. Member
    If used in typical Bass style fishing, That pedal was not designed to hold up in that environment. Like I mentioned I don't use the pedal at all. I use the micro remote to do that kind of fishing. If I was doing chunk and wind presentations most of the time I would have the Ultrex. I love my Ulterra ,but you are correct that the pedal is not heavy duty. Bob
    Tell me where has a slow movin' once quick draw outlaw got to go