Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Which has more Fan Appeal--BPT/MLF vs BASS Elites??

Make no mistake, I really enjoy watching both formats: MLF Style and Bass Elites.

The intensity of the MLF format, from a viewing standpoint is really cool, and fun
    to watch.

But--we all know, in the BASS format, its a (way) different thinking game, catching the 5 biggest, and culling, etc.

I was nervous for BASS, as an organization, and venue I've followed and supported for
    35 years now. They built the sport. Times change though, and I get that.

I still love following the Elites, and pay more attention to it than the BPT, by far.
    The newer names are gaining my interest as well.

Just curious if others feel the same way, favoring following the Elites more closely than BPT?

I don't think that has ever been discussed here. Really looking forward to the responses.

From a tv/stream perspective I like MLF more. From a weekend warrior tournament point the older 5 bass format is far easier to run and what most of us will fish. I don't really get the big divide between people on here. MLF has brought in a good amount of money, and I think it provides for more exposure for sponsors which is good for any professional, semi professional, and open tournament format. Helps anyone who fishes tournaments convince even local sponsors to get involved with more tv exposure that they may run into on a saturday morning.
    "It's even, but it ain't settled. Let's settle it." Fast Eddie
    I still can't believe they actually won...Cubs Fans Everywhere

Quote Originally Posted by Quillback View Post
    I don't think that has ever been discussed here. Really looking forward to the responses.
    Me too, I would like to know
    Always Think Like A Fish.....No Matter How Weird it Is!!

MLF

Although I enjoy watching a MILF, For fishing the Elites is a better format to watch.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by basscat21 View Post
    Although I enjoy watching a MILF, For fishing the Elites is a better format to watch.
    I'm with you, kind of. I like and will watch both, slight preference to the BASS format but feel the BPT has by far the strongest field so that attracts. They don't have all the best anglers but by far the strongest overall field.

8. Member
    both
    1988 Ranger 364V
    150HP Merc Black Max

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Quillback View Post
    haha.....I hear ya Quill.....just curious if the tides are changin at all......

10. Member
    I definitely enjoy the Elites much more. It is boring to watch someone catch 12 inch fish all day like the MLF The M should stand for minor not major. The defection of the Elites caused B.A.S.S. to grow stronger, improve and attract a lot of good new blood. MLF will be to B.A.S.S. like the World Football League was to the NFL. B.A.S.S will be around for years while the MFL will fade into obscurity.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by basscat21 View Post
    well played ...some do not read !

12. Member
    I’m down with me some milf.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by geodebasser View Post
    I definitely enjoy the Elites much more. It is boring to watch someone catch 12 inch fish all day like the MLF The M should stand for minor not major. The defection of the Elites caused B.A.S.S. to grow stronger, improve and attract a lot of good new blood. MLF will be to B.A.S.S. like the World Football League was to the NFL. B.A.S.S will be around for years while the MFL will fade into obscurity.
    BS
    MLF is 2lb minimum. I’m watchin Heavy Hitters final. 3lb minimum.
    2017 Phoenix 618Pro

14. Ft Gibson Lake America lakefolk's Avatar
    paint drying has more fan appeal............

"Being a winner is more than getting a first place trophy, it is acting like the effort was an honor and the trophy is just a decoration."

"A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him"

15. Indiana Bass Club Moderator billius's Avatar
    I also think from a tv viewing stand point, the MLF is more interesting to watch. I still watch the Elites, but mostly because of a few fisherman that I am familiar with.
    Bill Gard
    Richmond, Indiana
    2015 BassCat Caracal/225ProXs
    TEAM SHERM'S MARINE
    Of course I talk to myself...sometimes I need expert advice.

16. Banned
    B.A.S.S. hands down... Dan

17. Member
    I never was a MLF fan, the Bass elite series is much more entertaining for me.

18. Member
    I never know when BPT/MLF is on. Bass seems to advertise more. Can’t remember last time I watched BPT.

MLF hands down.

20. Member
    BASS hands down.

I do check the MLF scores, but MLF has really turned me off with some of the comments that the powers that be have made.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast