Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
  1. Member
    We can have both. MLF taking the old pros (mostly), opened doors for a group of young guys to get into BASS.

The non anglers in my family will watch MLF but not any other.

The older episodes of MLF comes on the Outdoor Channel all the time,

2. Member
    Somebody said TV is dying, while that may be true it's still king right now. MLF put out their little press release saying how they have more viewers than BASS but it seemed a little twisted to make it that way. Although that's what a good sales team will do for any league to sell sponsorship spots. BASS had the same amount of viewers as sports center for their live coverage, that's pretty dang good plus they dont have near the reruns showing all the time like MLF to boost those numbers. Anyway, I do believe live online is where things are moving too and BASS has that top spot by a long shot right now, and judging be the nonendemics that have been jumping on board to sponsor tournaments, other people see that too

3. Member
    More cameras on the water = Better Coverage.

Better Coverage = Better Viewership

For me, (and I'm no spring chicken) to see some guy haul a 1LB-0 Oz bass around in a live well ALL DAY, then stroll across a stage to weigh-in makes my blood boil.
    Don't think they do. Did you see B.A.S.S. at Hartwell this week?

If the argument is "Take that 5 *BEST* fish limit to weigh-in, I don't want to watch them catch 1 pounders all day" then what the heck are the B.A.S.S. guys doing with 1 or 2 that they've hauled around all day? I can't see a world where a single 1LB fish at the end of 4 days will make a difference, at least not in money winnings.

Now if they'd make them catch 5 or nothing... THEN, that'd be more interesting.

FWIW my wife came up with a novel idea. She said: "If they can't catch another fish within an hour of putting that first 1 pounder in the live well, then it goes back in the lake!"

I'm just more into conservation, catch-and-release than waving fish around, 20~30 miles away, 8~10 hours later. Of course that's IF they do weigh-in at the lake. Doesn't take into account hauling them to a different city, different area code in a indoor facility somewhere. Birmingham comes to mind.
    I can assure you, the survival rate of catch and release is light years ahead of any - other - format.
    Heck, at a local lake here they do Thursday night tourney, weigh them, then dump them in a sink that pushes them through a 50+ foot long PVC pipe back to the lake. Yeah THAT's healthy fisheries management... NOT!

And that goes back to, more cameras on the water = better viewing experience.

Food for thought below.....

https://www.outdoorlife.com/story/fi...rder-to-catch/
    Later,

Dixie Chicken

4. Member
    BASS

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    My own personal opinion is that while initially the split was painful for BASS they are now probably better for it. I think they improved their relationship with their anglers and are doing better today because of it. I think their future is pretty bright and overall they are better abd stronger. I think the influx of new talent did them well.

I prefer the traditional 5 fish format but will watch and enjoy both leagues. I follow BASS more closely though.
    This sums up my feelings except for "watch and enjoy both leagues". I've never seen a MLF/BPT event on TV because we cut the cord. I really enjoy Wheeler and MDJ on YouTube though.
    Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.

--Voltaire

6. Member
    Bass Elites. All day every day. Find MLF very boring

7. Member
    Elites all day , every day to watch over MLF !!

8. Member
    BASS for me
    Brad Krone

9. Member
    BASS
    Id like to see everyone successful and the sport to grow but I believe MLF will dissolve in the next couple years.

I like a 5 bass limit!

11. Member
    B.A.S.S. for me because this is what I grew up with over the years. I used to watch MLF but find myself watching way less since the start of the BPT the way it happened soured me on MLF.
    Bass Boat