Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Member
    See which one has the most people at the weigh-in.

2. Dogfish_Jones
    My preference is BASS, I follow those guys. MLF, they have some great anglers but I have stopped following that league for the most part. I still like bringing in the 5 biggest fish.

3. Member
    Bass hands down

4. Member
    I like the catch and immediate release aspect of MLF. I also like the pros in MLF more but to me it looks like B.A.S.S. Anglers have more fun. I watch both and enjoy both but if I had to pick one it would be B.A.S.S.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jigman51 View Post
    See which one has the most people at the weigh-in.
    Neither has enough to matter.

Unless you are talking about the Classic which is still struggling to be anywhere near where it used to be, what does a couple hundred friends and family matter.

Which one have better T.V. and live ratings? I honestly don't know and watch both, but that is what matters these days.

6. Member
    I like both... if MLF had the same 5 fish format as elites with the competition that exists would you like it??

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jigzz4344 View Post
    I like both... if MLF had the same 5 fish format as elites with the competition that exists would you like it??
    I'd like it better than BASS based on the field.

8. Banned
    Don't watch any fishing on tv.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by basscat21 View Post
    Although I enjoy watching a MILF, For fishing the Elites is a better format to watch.
    I see what you did there. Elites for me also.

Quote Originally Posted by TownesZ21 View Post

Unless you are talking about the Classic which is still struggling to be anywhere near where it used to be, what does a couple hundred friends and family matter.

Which one have better T.V. and live ratings? I honestly don't know and watch both, but that is what matters these days.

I have attended the past several Classics. Crowds were huge at all.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TownesZ21 View Post

I disagree. TV is a dying medium. Every year more people cut the cord and overall ratings for all of TV are down trending. Most people under 30 don't watch TV.

But BASS has the Classic and MLF is apparently going to have the Redcrest Expo next spring ....but they have promised that for three years

12. Member
    I'll give you both the Classic.

T.V. is fading but online viewership is growing.

Sponsors don't care about the few hundred friends and family at regular events, they care about large numbers of impressions. That still involves T.V. but more and more online these days. I will concede the Classic point, it is relevant.

Quote Originally Posted by smbass77 View Post
    I disagree. TV is a dying medium. Every year more people cut the cord and overall ratings for all of TV are down trending. Most people under 30 don't watch TV.

But BASS has the Classic and MLF is apparently going to have the Redcrest Expo next spring ....but they have promised that for three years
    TV is dying, especially with kids. I don't know when my kid has watched TV. He youtubes.

Quote Originally Posted by basscat21 View Post
    Although I enjoy watching a MILF, For fishing the Elites is a better format to watch.
    You sly dog!

15. Member
    Haven't spent a minute following MLF. No interest in the format of trying to reinvent the wheel. I look forward to Elite event's but don't watch the weigh ins like I used to. If Mueller doesn't make the cut I don't follow as closely. If he's in the finals I will tune in on day 4 all 8 hours. If Martens, Monroe, or KVD were doing good I would follow the last 2 days closer in the past. Few other guys as well. The points races were worth following also.

To be fair my overall interest in all sports has dropped considerably. I tune in for event games but don't spend much time following the seasons.

16. Member
    Elite Series and it’s not even close. MLF has made a lot of these former popular elite series guys fall off into obscurity. I’ll give you the MLF field is probably more talented than the elites but the guys on the elites are a lot more fun to watch and keep up with. And of course 5 big ones will always top the MLF format.

My own personal opinion is that while initially the split was painful for BASS they are now probably better for it. I think they improved their relationship with their anglers and are doing better today because of it. I think their future is pretty bright and overall they are better abd stronger. I think the influx of new talent did them well.

I prefer the traditional 5 fish format but will watch and enjoy both leagues. I follow BASS more closely though.

18. Banned
    MLF/BPT is too hokey, constant rule changes make it seem silly. I’ll stick with the traditional league, B.A.S.S.

19. Member
    MLF
    Craig Williams - Zeeland , Mi '​97 Bass Cat Jaguar / Evinrude 225

20. Member
    MLF for me. While I've watched a BASS show every now and then since the TNN/Bob Codd Days, I've never really got into it. Seemed the BASS shows was always lacking in content. I didn't really like watching tourney fishing shows until MLF came out. I know there's BASS live but their constant replays, I counted up to 10 times the same fish catches one live show and maybe that many on the TV show, and that stupid slow motion hookset replay they were doing just tuned me out. Also their constant commercials is annoying.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast