Deleting waypoints

I have an hds 9, gen3. Is there a way to delete waypoints by region, just like you can import by region?

2. Member
    That would be great! I was wondering that just the other day....

3. Member
    Not that I know but you could export 4 large regions on each side of the area you don’t want separately and not include the region you want deleted and then import the 4 regions that have the waypoints you want saved.
    Doctor Sonar®
    Go Fishing, the Clock is Ticking

4. Member
    I don't currently run Lowrance units so I'm not sure if there is a way to delete waypoints by region but you could use EasyGPS which is free and geared to Lowrance units. This is a workaround solution. Save your file to a card then copy that file to your computer. Open the software, then add your hds 9 gen3 under "Edit">"Preferences">"Add GPS". When you add your particular unit, that ensures all your symbols will match up when you open your file. Now open your gpx file and this will pull up all your waypoints and tracks up on a map. When you first open the software, it will try to get you to sign up for maps, but just cancel out of that. Now you can "draw/select" a box around the region you want to delete, then delete those waypoints. You will have to select the region again to delete any tracks in that region. You can then save the file and re-import it back to your unit. You can even copy and paste different selections to new files and save your waypoints and tracks by different lakes.
    Have a Blessed Day,
    Mike

5. Member
    Ok, thanks. I may just have to save them all to a card, delete all, then import the regions I want. I don't have the nerve to delete all yet!