Ranger Cover Question

Hello BBC. This is my first post here. Semi new to bass boating. So I’m gonna start with probly a dumb question.

So we recently purchased a 520c which we love. We have the towable cover that came with it. My question is what is the preferable configuration for towing with the cover on. It seems really loose without the seats up. On my previous boat (ski boat) the cover was much tighter and towed great. Thanks in advance for the help.

Is it the seats in or flat cover. The flat one the pedestal goes in the floor. Should be pretty tight
    2011 Ranger z521/2023 250ProXS

3. Member
    I’m thinking it’s the seats in cover. I’m guessing both seats need to be in?

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cboom12 View Post
    I’m thinking it’s the seats in cover. I’m guessing both seats need to be in?
    My cover works great with seats in as low as they will go and seat backs in the down position.

5. Member
    Mine is a seats in cover and I tighten it with the winch straps as tight as I can get them. If the winch mount does not move a little you don't have it tight enough. Good luck

6. Member
    I much prefer the Seats IN cover. Both seats should be in for the cover to fit tight. In my new boat I have the seats almost in the highest position.

I always tow with the cover off since it's easier to rinse any road /rain dirt out than it is to remove any fine abrasion scratches caused by the cover while travelling down the expressway at 70 MPH for hours on end.