Thread: Vexus VX20

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Vexus VX20

I told you all I would report back after taking the new Vexus out a couple times. WOW is all I have to say about it. Some may not like the looks of it but I’m telling you it is a Cadillac in everything from the finish to the way the trailer pulls. Handling is out of this world, and a awesome rough water ride. I think I made the right decision swapping over from a Ranger. If you get the chance, go take a ride in one and see for yourself!

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by browncodybrown View Post
    I told you all I would report back after taking the new Vexus out a couple times. WOW is all I have to say about it. Some may not like the looks of it but I’m telling you it is a Cadillac in everything from the finish to the way the trailer pulls. Handling is out of this world, and a awesome rough water ride. I think I made the right decision swapping over from a Ranger. If you get the chance, go take a ride in one and see for yourself!

I rode in and drove a VX 21. In my opinion the Vexus is the best I have been in. Rough water ride, handling, and fishing with the trolling motor is by far the best. With my next boat, I will be leaving Ranger.

3. Member
    You are very brave to post this on the Ranger page...Keep it up and Roger will come out of retirement...SB...
    2006 Ranger 188 VX with 150 E TEC and I EAT BASS!!!

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggin2 View Post
    You are very brave to post this on the Ranger page...Keep it up and Roger will come out of retirement...SB...
    I hope not, our current moderator is top notch.

Personally I like the looks (Minus the handrail) and the ride isn’t surprising given they are damn near a multi species style hull..but glass Vexus must not be selling well around here. When you see two in 300 plus boat fields on Rayburn...pretty telling for this area. Hopefully the glass line can survive...If they made a couple tweaks to the cosmetics..like that hideous hand rail...they would probably get a few more guys to buy them.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dean c View Post
    Personally I like the looks (Minus the handrail) and the ride isn’t surprising given they are damn near a multi species style hull..but glass Vexus must not be selling well around here. When you see two in 300 plus boat fields on Rayburn...pretty telling for this area. Hopefully the glass line can survive...If they made a couple tweaks to the cosmetics..like that hideous hand rail...they would probably get a few more guys to buy them.
    The handrail is an option (can be left off) and they are now offering them in Gel coat in lieu of paint. Seen a couple pics. Major improvement.

Don
    2016 BassCat Pantera II
    Mercury 200 ProXs

Gel instead of paint will help ....
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

8. Member
    Hope they take off. Long time Ranger guy but would be really nice to have an option that made you feel like you used to with Ranger.

9. Member
    how much water does it draft?

10. Member
    Have seen a good number vexus glass boats over the last month up in sturgeon bay. With all the tournaments up here, I haven't noticed any wrapped or stickered up but clearly some of the vexus boats were fishing tourneys. Is vexus maybe not active in sponsoring?
    98 Ra​nger R93
    00 Evinrude 175hp Ficht
    HB Helix 12 Mega DI G4N
    HB Helix 12 Mega SI G4N
    HB Helix 10 Mega SI G2N
    Mega 360
    Mega Live

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by armond View Post
    how much water does it draft?
    Interested in that as well. I agree that the depth of the hull looks almost like a multi-species boat for sure.

12. Member
    Congrats on the boat Cody, its sharp

I looked at the Vexus before I bought my 2020 Ranger. They have some pretty cool features. Have had a lot of different boats. I fish a lot of standing timber. Every time I have had a boat with decals and stuff on the side, it's been a headache. The Vexus emblems on the side were a deal breaker.

2020 Ranger 521L Tour, 300 Mercury, 112 Minn Kota Ultrex
    3 12" Helix Units, Mega Si, Mega Di, Mega 360, Garmin 8412 W LiveScope mounted on Rite Hite Turret.

Quote Originally Posted by eldonrenee View Post
    I rode in and drove a VX 21. In my opinion the Vexus is the best I have been in. Rough water ride, handling, and fishing with the trolling motor is by far the best. With my next boat, I will be leaving Ranger.
    A buddy in SC used to sell Rangers before he retired and had a pro staff deal for years. He currently has a Vexus 1980 and got to drive a VX 21. He told me exactly what you said here. He said it was the best riding bass boat he ever drove...by a mile.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

15. Member
    It will Fish as shallow as a Ranger, let’s put it that way

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dean c View Post
    Dean you mean that shower curtain lol

17. Member
    Congrats on your new boat, please post some pics.

Last edited by fishinarc; 05-24-2021 at 01:34 PM.

Other than that funky triple nose bow, crazy hand rail, obnoxious thing on the side and the rusty trailers, I guess one could forget about that scratch proof paint
    Dont forget to pump those seats up every 10 days

20. Member
    I live in Dalton, GA and fish the lakes around here, mostly Chick and Watts Bar. I have seen a few of the aluminum models on Chick, but never a glass on the water anywhere. I have seen several glass at various shows. They do look nice.
    Full disclosure: BassCat Puma / 250 SHO is my ride.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast