2005 Optimax 200

I’m looking at a 2005 boat with a 200 Optimax that’s been sitting in storage for sometime. I don’t know how often he has ran the motor, but he said he put fresh gas and it stated and ran fine. What should I look for beside the normal compression,Idling,fuel lines lower unit. How reliable are these motors? I had the 2009 Pro XS ran perfect I’m just concerned about it sitting and only having 132hrs for a 15 year old motor thoughts?

2. Member
    How it was used and maintained, as well as how long it sat without use, will be more important than total hours There's a nice used engine checkout topic (plus a ton of other useful info) in the FAQ at the top of the 3L forum (2 below this one). If you can obtain engine serial number from seller and post in the 3L forum one of the pros can check engine history if it was recorded by a servicing dealer.

Checkout Recommendations for a Used Engine
    _______

Phil
    '09 Hewescraft ProV
    '09 150 Optimax

3. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Moved to correct forum.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor