Ghost trolling motor remote won't pair

Although I am happy with my ghost trolling motor I am having problems with the remote. I am on my second remote and can't get it to pair. My first remote worked for a while then quit functioning. replaced batteries tried to re pair but remote won't even blink. Second one blinks for pairing but after repeated attempts won't pair. I can successfully pair the trolling motor with the lowrance app so the bluetooth seems to work on the trolling motor. I then tried to pair the remote with my phone just to see if bluetooth works and it does and will pair with my phone. So where do I go from here? Any other suggestions. I'll probably have to find time to phone their support service and see if I can get the remotes replaced if I can't get them to work.

2. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    Do you wear an Apple Watch, Fitbit or similar device? They can cause problems with some connections.
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

3. Member
    no I don't and I even turned off my cell phone when trying to pair.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jthomp47 View Post
    Although I am happy with my ghost trolling motor I am having problems with the remote. I am on my second remote and can't get it to pair. My first remote worked for a while then quit functioning. replaced batteries tried to re pair but remote won't even blink. Second one blinks for pairing but after repeated attempts won't pair. I can successfully pair the trolling motor with the lowrance app so the bluetooth seems to work on the trolling motor. I then tried to pair the remote with my phone just to see if bluetooth works and it does and will pair with my phone. So where do I go from here? Any other suggestions. I'll probably have to find time to phone their support service and see if I can get the remotes replaced if I can't get them to work.
    There is a logical explanation and fix. You can only pair one remote to a Ghost. Since you paired an earlier remote, you cannot pair your new remote without setting the Ghost back to factory settings.

You must perform a factory reset of the motor per the installation instructions.

First, put the Ghost in configuration mode (This means pressing and holding both the #2 and #3 buttons at the same time until you hear the beeps and LEDs flash.

Second press and hold the #1 and #2 buttons until you hear an audible tone, and the trolling motor will restart.

Exit config mode by again pressing and holding #2 and #3 at the same time until the tone is heard. LEDs will stop blinking.

Now you will be able to pair the new remote. Note, you will likely also have to recalibrate your TMC-1, and your bow offset. You may possibly also need to calibrate the footpedal. Sounds like a lot of work, but doesn't take long. I had to do the same thing myself. BTW, Lowrance service reps will walk you through the whole process step by step while you make the changes.
    ciao,
    Marc

5. Member
    Okay thanks, I think this worked . I haven't had a chance to try it out on the water because I can't deploy the trolling motor on my Ranger trailer because of the step. I will let you know when I can get a chance to use it on the water

6. Member
    Okay thanks, I think this worked . I haven't had a chance to try it out on the water because I can't deploy the trolling motor on my Ranger trailer because of the step. I will let you know when I can get a chance to use it on the water
    Great; I am sure this will have worked for you. Let me know if you need more help.
    ciao,
    Marc

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Marcantonio View Post
    Great; I am sure this will have worked for you. Let me know if you need more help.

Had my boat out this weekend and the remote does work now, thanks for the advice.

8. Member

Thumbs Up

Had my boat out this weekend and the remote does work now, thanks for the advice.
    You are welcome; glad to help.
    ciao,
    Marc