Thread: Raptors

Raptors

Ordered a set about 2 days after launch. Ordered a new boat same time. New boat coming in less than a week no raptors available. Strongly considering power poles if MK doesn’t get their heads out of their arse. How do you launch a new product and not have inventory that’s pretty ridiculous

Have you checked with sponsors on here? Pretty sure Hydrilla Gear has them in stock.

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

3. BBC SPONSOR
    everything Minn Kota and Hummingbird are about impossible to get right now. Orders keep pushing out further and further, our next availability for Raptors is October 9th. We shall see. Ive yet to sell a set and have only had one request, that scares me.
    FTO Marine Supplies
    BBC Sponsor

4. Member
    We received a small portion of our order. We have sold them to 5 customer's and not 1 has a bass boat. Hang in there, I will say the brackets are extremely well built and time will tell how the reliability of the Raptors are.
    Brad Krone

5. BBC SPONSOR
    I have a few in stock in both 8' and 10'. I have sold a few 8' units no 10' units. No feedback yet. Generally, no feedback is a good thing. Seems a majority of people do not call back unless they have an issue. JMO

Its been the norm on many things, announce before your ready to start shipping. Extended launches.... Couple that come to mind, The MG pro, anyone remember the Evo shallow water anchors...
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

7. Member
    All I can say is they really have to be something special to be better than Power Poles. I have had my Power Pole blades for 8 years. Recently one started to make a lot of racket and was really slow. I contacted the technical service department and used my phone to show them how they were acting and sounded. They said it was the external valves on the pump that were a problem. They sent me their newly redesigned valves for the unit that was giving me the trouble, plus another set for the other one that I thought was working fine. They sent the hydraulic fluid as well plus a video to my phone on how to change them. I got my credit card ready and they said there was no charge and they covered it under warranty. The new valve kits made the poles work better and quieter than they were when they were new. Like I said I have had these for 8 years and use them a bunch. Many other Power Pole owners have had similar experiences dealing with their customer service. I know what shallow water hydraulic anchor I would put on my boat again. Like I first said these MK Raptors must be pretty great.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Loomis88 View Post
    Ordered a set about 2 days after launch. Ordered a new boat same time. New boat coming in less than a week no raptors available. Strongly considering power poles if MK doesn’t get their heads out of their arse. How do you launch a new product and not have inventory that’s pretty ridiculous
    I saw my first set of Raptors the other day. They look robust but dont know what the marketable differences would be compared to power pole other than a cool, new look.

9. BBC SPONSOR
    If I was going to guess I would say brand loyalty for those who are MinnKota guys, networking, and from the looks of it pump features but real world what do those pump features equate too... Possibly just marketing and price differences...

The 10' Raptor is no more robust than an 8' Raptor which in my opinion is to be compared to a Power Pole PRO Series.

I get many requests to quote a set of Raptors and BLADES.... This is not apples to apples.

Hi guys, I have a Triton Tr186 with 6'' idraulic POWER LIFT jack plate , I'm interested to buy 8' raptor, but I don't know wich kind of adapter is better for my boat.
    Here in Italy nobody knows anything
    thanks
    2006 Triton Tr186 / 2011 Mercury 200 Optimax

11. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Hydrilla Gear View Post
    If I was going to guess I would say brand loyalty for those who are MinnKota guys, networking, and from the looks of it pump features but real world what do those pump features equate too... Possibly just marketing and price differences...

The 10' Raptor is no more robust than an 8' Raptor which in my opinion is to be compared to a Power Pole PRO Series.

I get many requests to quote a set of Raptors and BLADES.... This is not apples to apples.
    run down on difference would be awsome.. My next upgrade will be some kinda shallow water anchor...