Thread: Helix 8 MDI G3N

Question Helix 8 MDI G3N

Hooking up a Helix Unit on the bow. I have my electronics wiring run through a fuse block that takes blade style fuses. Helix 8 MDI calls for a 4a slow-blow or MDL style fuse, which as far as I can tell, is not made in a blade fuse. Anyone running their units off of blade style fuses? How critical is it to use the slow-blow fuse. Can I run a higher amp rated fuse in the block and then put a slow-blow fuse in the power lead between the fuse block and the head unit? I know just enough about wiring to be dangerous. Don't want to blow up the unit or burn my boat down.

(The other unit running out of the fuse block is a Helix 10 G1 side imaging. I will have the units connected with the ethernet cable.)
    Last edited by K-ach; 09-25-2020 at 05:44 PM.
    Kevin
    2009 Champion 183CX

I have never been concerned with NOT using a slow-blow fuse and it has never been a problem. Using larger wire than you think is necessary and making sure you have pristine connections should be where you attention is focused.
    __________________________________________________ ___

**Looking for the one that makes it all worthwhile**
    __________________________________________________ ___

Units ..... 1197 (6.310) ...1198 (6.490) ... Helix 12 MSI G3N

Thanks Bob, good info. I did go oversize on the wiring and soldered all my connections.
    Kevin
    2009 Champion 183CX