Hartwell stripers, late Oct. Possible GUIDES????

Hi guys,

Mama and I are taking our Fall fishing trip, and being as the Elite was rescheduled and RUINED that trip, and the Big Bass Tour is on Guntersville that week, it's back to Hartwell we go. No problem as we really enjoy Hartwell (might even be retiring there in a few years).

Would like to get in some BIG striper fishing while we're up there, never really caught a hawg. Then again, we don't actively fish for them.

I know the best way is long lining / trolling and live bluebacks. Even catch them on hair jigs (which I have plenty of).
    Could use some input on where they might be running end of October.

ALSO... I'm thinking about just hiring a guide. Never hired one on Hartwell and am open to suggestions. Thought about surprising the wife with that one.
    Being as this is our annual 'anniversary trip' thought she might like it. After all, it was HER that suggested we buy a bass boat!

(cross posting this one in the GA forum as well)
    Later,

Dixie Chicken

2. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Call the guys at Lake Hartwell fishing and marine (864) 287-9782. They can help you out. I don't know who is guiding now with the Covid deal. Buster Green is a good one https://palmettostateteamtrail.com/ may want to give him a call. Most of the guides on the SC side will go out of Portman Shoals.

3. Member
    Yeah I figured Covid was putting a hurt on the whole industry. Thought I might see who's out there and take a chance, surprise the wife maybe the last day when we're up there.

I'll look up Portman Shoals. Or is that Portman Marina?

We're staying just a couple miles up the Tugaloo on the GA side. Beats one my wife just loves that's 25+ miles up! Was there during the hurricane in 2017. Salvaged the last part of that trip moving to Martin Creek the last 4 days.
    Later,

Dixie Chicken

4. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Portman Shoals/Portman Marina same same. With Green Pond now open they may put in there now. Some guides will meet you at Lake Hartwell fishing that's where they get their bait.

5. Member
    Lord I hope not to go to Green Pond. The vertical hike from the mountain side parking down to the dock and back is more than this guy can handle. Considering multiple C5 & L5 surgeries, combined with hundreds of procedures and injections the last 25 years.

Checked with the owner and we'll actually be fairly close to the Mary Anne Branch ramp.
    Later,

Dixie Chicken