2016 Terrova 24V 80lb

I just bought a used boat and I'm trying to figure out this terrova. It's hooked up via cable to a Garmin echomap sv73 and I was wondering how does it know the GPS coordinates? It does not have any other GPS hookups like a puck or sending unit. When I hit spot lock it goes all over. Hope this make sense.

2. Member
    Yours is pre bluetooth. The GPS module is part of the head where the coil cable goes. The pre Bluetooth are know not to hold spotlock very well. If you take the cover off the head there should be a tag on the GPS module that tells what revision level it is. The latest is 1.5 A new one is around $257. I just replaced one on a 2014 model. Pay attention to the number of cables coming from the controller. 1 cable is non link. 2 cables is link. I looked at a diagram, but I did not see a US2 sonar on the diagram. You will have to look at the tag on the side wall of the mount to the front of the mount. It will have the S/N and and a description of the unit.

3. Member
    I'm pretty sure you can't link (GPS) a Garmin product to a MinnKota Terrova motor. The cable is probably for the US2 transducer that can work with a echomap sounder and give you 2D. Make sure you stop the boat completely before you hit spot lock It helps.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Real L View Post
    I'm pretty sure you can't link (GPS) a Garmin product to a MinnKota Terrova motor. The cable is probably for the US2 transducer that can work with a echomap sounder and give you 2D. Make sure you stop the boat completely before you hit spot lock It helps.
    You are correct. I omitted that from the post. good point. I miss the Garmin depth finder on that one. Thanks for correcting me.
    So he does have a US2 sonar.

5. Member
    Thanks great info and much appreciated. Have a good day guys.