MEGA 360 HEADING SENSOR

Is it a necessity to have the Humminbird heading sensor interfaced to the MEGA 360?

Currently, I only have the Minnkota that is connected to my Ultrex (non Link). I would need to 1) have two heading sensors one for the MK and one for the 360 or 2) upgrade the TM to Link with the upgrade kit and then add it to the network. I really don't want or have a place to add a second heading puck.

To mark and display waypoints on the 360 view, you need a heading source.
    That can be Minnkota iPilot LINK, Humminbird AS GPS HS, or Lowrance Point1.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

3. Member
    If you only want one puck, then you either need to upgrade to link, or do away with the Minn Kota puck and just add a Humminbird AS GPS HS. You don't need a Heading sensor connected to your trolling motor if you are not using link or the jog feature. It is not needed for spot lock, does absolutely nothing for it.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by densik View Post
    If you only want one puck, then you either need to upgrade to link, or do away with the Minn Kota puck and just add a Humminbird AS GPS HS. You don't need a Heading sensor connected to your trolling motor if you are not using link or the jog feature. It is not needed for spot lock, does absolutely nothing for it.
    Thanks, what I thought and probably what I will do.