Smith Mountain Lake Rental

Hey all - I know this may be a long shot, but wondering if anyone has or knows someone with a house to rent on Smith Mountain Lake for a weekend? Looking for just a couple of nights (Oct 16-18). Wife would like to get away for a weekend and visit our daughter at college and if I get a day or two on the water, win-win. Been looking on all the websites and can find available places but you end up spending more in fees than actual rent for a couple of nights.

Thanks in advance for any help!

2. Member
    Not sure, vrbo has a www. Check them out, hope this helps

3. Member
    I appreciate the help Cricketman. Yep, looked there and a bunch of other sites. Just can't justify the amount of the fees for just a couple of nights. Total bill ends up being over double the cost of listed nightly rent.

How about a cabin at the state park?

https://www.dcr.virginia.gov/state-p...cabins_camping

5. Member
    Thanks Coke. I had looked and none were available. Looked again, and couple are available now. Appreciate the help!

Smith Mountain Lake, VA and a cottage in Ontario
    Or you could rent a house boat, should plenty available this time of year.

7. Member
    I've enjoyed a place you can find on VRBO called "My Sunshine". It's in Penhook on the south end of the lake. It's a great little house and the owners are great. It's not directly on the lake, but it's literally 5 minutes from the Penhook launch. Did I mention it's a 3 bedroom house for only $125 a night?
    2016 Ranger RT188, Yamaha 115 sho, dual console, 80# Ultrex, hotfoot, networked HB Solix 10 & Helix 9, Mega 360. Powertech NRS3 18p, Atlas 4" jack plate.

8. Member
    Thanks Pagregss...I will definitely check this out!

Quote Originally Posted by Pagregss View Post
    I've enjoyed a place you can find on VRBO called "My Sunshine". It's in Penhook on the south end of the lake. It's a great little house and the owners are great. It's not directly on the lake, but it's literally 5 minutes from the Penhook launch. Did I mention it's a 3 bedroom house for only $125 a night?
    Kind of ironic that you come down to SML to fish after I moved here after living in Danville, PA for 10 years. You probably have more experience than I do fishing the lower end of the lake as I rarely fish south of the RT 122 bridge.

10. Member
    About the only place I don't fish is Danville. I was 3 hours away at Cuba Lake in NY this past weekend. The two weekends before that on Canandaigua in NY. Sadly, it doesn't look like I'll make it to SML this year. I was supposed to come down in April to boat for a high school team tournament, but it was cancelled. I'm still tempted to try to come down for Big Bass Tour this month, but it's doubtful.
    2016 Ranger RT188, Yamaha 115 sho, dual console, 80# Ultrex, hotfoot, networked HB Solix 10 & Helix 9, Mega 360. Powertech NRS3 18p, Atlas 4" jack plate.

Quote Originally Posted by Pagregss View Post
    About the only place I don't fish is Danville. I was 3 hours away at Cuba Lake in NY this past weekend. The two weekends before that on Canandaigua in NY. Sadly, it doesn't look like I'll make it to SML this year. I was supposed to come down in April to boat for a high school team tournament, but it was cancelled. I'm still tempted to try to come down for Big Bass Tour this month, but it's doubtful.
    The Big Bass Tour will be really interesting in late October, I expect smaller fish to be worth some money so I am looking forward to it. We enjoyed living in Danville, pretty area, but tough if you really like to bass fish and aren't into a jet drive for the Susqy. Seemed like I was always driving 3 hours or more to go fishing. But it was a LOT closer to our cabin in Ontario. Whereas we used to be able to go for a weekend that is now impossible with a 12-13 hour drive.