Asking for fishing information........

The activity on the board has been slow, so I am asking a generalized question to spark activity.

This forum often gets numerous request for fishing information. Many on the Fl. Board take the time to respond to where to fish, what lake or lakes they should fish, where at or what lures to use on a specific lake, etc. But, the people who ask these questions seldom take the time to report or share their experience with the information they received. Personally, I think it would help enhance the board and its participants to have feed back from information provided to those request. Everybody can learn from the questions asked and the results. What do you say?

2. Member
    Absolutely would make sense to reciprocate. Problem is a lot of people’s thinking (not all for sure) is once they
    get the info they are done talking about it. Seems like it’s “their” secret now. I will say that I enjoy hearing your stories and catch results, you always seem to find the right fish and often in lakes I have fished.

A lot of folks on the Florida board are very tight lipped about sharing info, I like to share info with my fellow Florida anglers, but I have been flamed for it in the past. I do believe that most of us think alike and are catch and release anglers who just want to share in our love of pursuing bass. If I want to eat fish, I go crappie or bluegill fishing. A lot of folks are angry these days I hope it passes soon, We are all Floridians and most of all Americans. We could all learn to do better with a little respect..... BTW, I wish they would clear out some of the cabbage on Rodman....

Spanky

4. Member
    I'm usually happy to offer advice to anyone wanting to try Seminole, talquin or apalachicola river, as my numerous threads will attest. Many of the people I PM have been pretty good about giving me feedback afterwards. Im blessed to be able to fish quite a bit and I don't fish tournaments anymore so I don't mind.

5. Member
    I'll chime in for what my opinion is worth which is not much. I grew up (55 years old) on the St. Johns south of Jacksonville and have had some decent days fishing but honestly the St. Johns especially on the north end can be very challenging. I wish I had the magic bait or location but i don't. I do not fish the tournaments at least not yet. Since the storms in the last few years i think the fishing has been much better south especially on the shell beds. My goal is to learn some different water depth techniques and maybe get lucky on the shell bed areas in the River. We will see. I have always been partial to the plastics and usually toss these as a start. I do catch and release. When I want to have a fish meal I target Specks ( not crappie as the Yankees call them...no offense intended). I like Crescent Lake and Dunns creek for these. We have a place on Lake Kerr in Marion County where I really like to catch a bass or two, love it down there... Again plastics rule for me, June bug, Watermelon texas rig.. no big secret here..I also like a weightless Senko worm. Anyhow I just like to fish and avoid the BS all over the TV. Since I recently got back into bass fishing with a new to me Used boat i plan on trying some different areas.
    Oh yeah just retired and some coworkers bought me a trip to Bienville and i go in a couple weeks.. I will likely be spoiled after that!!

BTW I' fairly new to the forum and have really enjoyed the dialog.. everyone stay safe.
    2016 Z521C Yamaha 250 SHO

6. Banned
    Hey Andy, i used to fish bienville a few times a week. Matter of fact i almost guided out there. Turn on your lowrance at the ramp and start a crumb trail. You can get turned around and lost in there. They put giant ass carp in there and killed the hydrilla. After that we stoped going but for 4 or 5 years in a row we were fishing that place alot. We had a membership ( my buddy did). That was 6 or so years ago.
    Last edited by Manatee Mauler; 09-28-2020 at 10:00 AM.