Champlain Launching Around Plattsburgh

How are launching conditions with the low water levels around the Plattsburgh area?

Any preferable (deeper) launches recommended right now?

I was there about 3 weeks ago, and really had to be careful with the rocks/low water
    at the Point Au Roche boat launch.....

Any advice appreciated!

Thanks
    Sean

2. Member
    I'm curious too. Headed up to the northern part of the lake near King Bay this weekend. Looking to launch out of the chazy river.

My former club was up there 2 weeks ago and said the Port au Roche launch was actually closed due to low water. No idea if anything’s changed, but hasn’t been much rain since.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by liv4bassin View Post
    My former club was up there 2 weeks ago and said the Port au Roche launch was actually closed due to low water. No idea if anything’s changed, but hasn’t been much rain since.
    Thanks for that info about Point Au Roche....not surprised!....

Hoping to here back about the other launches within 20 miles of Plattsburgh....

5. Member
    I was just down at Ticonderoga for the last 5 days and the water it LOW. From the launch to the channel you are looking at 1-2'. Worst part is the build up off the back of the docks from everyone power loading. I made it out and back a bunch of times with the jackplate raised all the way and trimmed way up. I can only raise the trolling motor so far due to 360. I checked 5 other ramps in the south of the lake and all were sketchy. There was trailers in the lots but it would be tough to launch by yourself due to dumping trailer off the end of the ramp.

I launched out of Point Au Roche about a month ago and that was the best around. Ramp ends but you can back off the edge as the gravel tapers up to it. Once you are off the trailer you were in 3-4' of water.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by germs07 View Post
    I was just down at Ticonderoga for the last 5 days and the water it LOW. From the launch to the channel you are looking at 1-2'. Worst part is the build up off the back of the docks from everyone power loading. I made it out and back a bunch of times with the jackplate raised all the way and trimmed way up. I can only raise the trolling motor so far due to 360. I checked 5 other ramps in the south of the lake and all were sketchy. There was trailers in the lots but it would be tough to launch by yourself due to dumping trailer off the end of the ramp.

I launched out of Point Au Roche about a month ago and that was the best around. Ramp ends but you can back off the edge as the gravel tapers up to it. Once you are off the trailer you were in 3-4' of water.
    Sounds like Point Au Roche is closed now.

7. Member
    Could be but i would check it. I checked a bunch of others and none were closed. There was a sign on Plattsburgh that said “Warning low water” but the launch was still open and i couldn’t get out. You can definitely launch at port Henry or ti as i did. Willsboro bay also looked to be doable. No matter where you go you aren’t going to feel real comfortable launching as it’s going to be skinny.