Anyone got new Raptors on their boats yet ??

Was wondering what the initial thoughts/feedback were on the Raptors ... real in the field

Thanks

2. Member
    I work at a dealership, so far we have rigged them on 2 pontoon boats and 3 center consoles. No bass boats yet. We have heard no complaints yet, but it's early.
    Brad Krone

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RMG63 View Post
    Was wondering what the initial thoughts/feedback were on the Raptors ... real in the field

Thanks
    I got to fish this past weekend with a buddy that had a set installed and from my experience they perform great. My regular tournament partner has power poles on his boat so the differences were pretty clear. The Raptors were much quieter both deploying and coming back up. No slap when they close. The raptor pumps were extremely quiet and several times I asked him to put the raptors up so we could move to find that he had already done it and I just didn't hear them. The other big plus for me was that they were more rigid when deployed. The power poles on my partners boat let the nose of the boat move quite a bit left to right as the wind blows the boat. The raptors seemed like the hinge point was much beefier and much more rigid. It seems Minn Kota took the power pole design and fixed all the little issues and made a better mouse trap. The other points that raptor has is I believe they cost a bit less than Power Poles and I think lighter. Just my 2 cents.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tritondave View Post
    I got to fish this past weekend with a buddy that had a set installed and from my experience they perform great. My regular tournament partner has power poles on his boat so the differences were pretty clear. The Raptors were much quieter both deploying and coming back up. No slap when they close. The raptor pumps were extremely quiet and several times I asked him to put the raptors up so we could move to find that he had already done it and I just didn't hear them. The other big plus for me was that they were more rigid when deployed. The power poles on my partners boat let the nose of the boat move quite a bit left to right as the wind blows the boat. The raptors seemed like the hinge point was much beefier and much more rigid. It seems Minn Kota took the power pole design and fixed all the little issues and made a better mouse trap. The other points that raptor has is I believe they cost a bit less than Power Poles and I think lighter. Just my 2 cents.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tritondave View Post
    I hope that is all true and the long term reliability proves good. I’m hoping to pick up a set next year.
    1995 Ranger 487VS / 1998 Mercury 200 EFI