Lithium starting battery ?

2018 250ss on a Phx 920. I am thinking of going to a lithium starting battery in order to increase my effective amp hours. Will lithiums work with my big motor?

2. Member
    Yes they will. I’ve been running the Ionic 125ah battery all season with zero issues. It charges the battery just fine and everything else.
    2018 Bass Cat Lynx w/Suzuki 250SS.

Good to know Booter I will possibly look into a lithium house battery and see how it goes

4. Banned
    I've read where Suzuki does not recommend a lithium for a starting battery...???

5. Member
    From an earlier thread, I got the impression that lithium starting batteries weren't recommended because they wouldn't charge well from the alternator, so it was to protect the battery rather than the motor.

6. Member
    Reviving this thread, I have DF200SS and am really eager to try a lithium cranking battery. I already replaced my lead acid trolling motor batteries with great results.

Booter, you haven't had any issues so far have you? I think the DF250SS and the DF200SS have very similar if not the same alternators.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by th365thli View Post
    Reviving this thread, I have DF200SS and am really eager to try a lithium cranking battery. I already replaced my lead acid trolling motor batteries with great results.

Booter, you haven't had any issues so far have you? I think the DF250SS and the DF200SS have very similar if not the same alternators.
    I haven't had any issues with my 125aH Ionic battery this year. I've fished a lot of tournaments and the alternator has had no issues with charging this battery nor did I have any starting issues what so ever. I'm considering getting the Power Pole charger and minimize the amount of times that I need to even charge my batteries and not worry about needing a jump as well.
    2018 Bass Cat Lynx w/Suzuki 250SS.