Thread: Active Captain?

Active Captain?

Since I do all my Registration of products on my PC and all my updates via an SD card what are the other big uses that users use Active Captain for? I have had 93sv+ for 2 years and never used the App. I have now added a 106sv to my boat and have it Networked to my 93sv+. Should I look into now using Active Captain?

Thanks

2. Member
    I have not used Active Captain for anything but updating the software on the units. I just got my units a couple of months ago so I have not really messed with it. If your units are networked updates to both will be done at the same time whether you are using Active Captain or an SD card. At least thats how it works when using Active Captain. I would go into the simulator mode and see what features it has. If you want to only do updates to the software and you are having no problem with doing it with a sd card and your home computer, then I would probably not mess with it. Just my opinion.

3. Member
    I saw it mentioned on another site you can edit names of waypoints on phone and even add waypoints on phone thru Active Captain app that does interest me if that can be done.

4. Member
    Ok I got my waypoints on my Active Captain app on phone. I see how to edit or delete. Now anyone know after I edit or delete what do I do once back in boat for those changes then get transferred into my Maps on the Sonar unit?

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RonH54 View Post
    Ok I got my waypoints on my Active Captain app on phone. I see how to edit or delete. Now anyone know after I edit or delete what do I do once back in boat for those changes then get transferred into my Maps on the Sonar unit?
    Just make sure the Wifi is connected and the changes should automatically be uploaded to your units.

6. Member
    But what prevents the unchanged WPs that on the unit at the start to re write to the phone app at First? Will the Sonar Unit recognize I have made changes on App and ask if I want to permanently change these updated WPs to the sonar unit?