Bass Boat Batteries Charging Off Site?

Hey guys,

Looking to purchase my first bass boat soon but I will have to store it off site. I've found some places to rent me a spot for cheap and are nearby but they don't have any electricity for me. If I go fishing every week, will I have to pull my batteries out each time after use, bring them home, charge them and then haul them back to the boat the morning I go fishing? Sounds like a hassle but I don't see any other way really? I read something about solar panels, but don't know much about that and how expensive that route will be or how reliable it is?

Also, if I bring all my batteries home to charge, what kind of charger do I need to charge and maintain the batteries?

Anyone have any suggestions? Advice?

Thanks!

2. Member
    Are there lights in the storage area?
    https://www.amazon.com/light-socket-...cket+to+outlet

Can't you bring it home for the night, charge it up and take it to the storage early in the morning?
    If not, find a storage with power.
    2000 Javelin Renegade 20 DC.
    Strong men create easy times, Easy times create weak men & weak men create hard times. Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum
    In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.
    In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings. "Author Unknown"
    In 2021 18-40 year old's want to and work to cancel you out if you have a different opinion.

4. Member
    Check at Harbor Freight for their solar powered battery maintainer. A friend of mine uses them on a few motor cycles for his safety class and they seem to work well so far. If they are still available.

5. Member
    I imagine you solved this by now since it’s and older thread, but I used to be in the same boat and would just bring the boat home at night to charge after fishing before I took it back. Than I picked it up the night before and top them off. Not the best solution but what else can you do. It makes the lithium battery option look better and better since you get reduced charge time, can check the level with an app and make a decision if they even need a charge.
    I like Big Bass, I cannot lie

6. Member
    I used to just pull the batteries and charge them at home like you mentioned. It sucked cause the batteries are so heavy but it was the only practical option.