Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
  1. Member
    I'm putting a 21' 200SS on my 18 ft. Ranger 481VS this week. I'll be able to share my Experiences with the group shortly.... ss200.jpg

2. Member
    Please do. Going on a 481 or 487? 481 was rated for 175 I thought. Either way, I know what either one runs so ill have an idea of how the zuke does.
    VC Marine
    Cashion Rods
    Lew's
    Vexus Boats

2022 Vexus VX21, 250 ProXS

3. Member
    Yep 481vs 8" Jack plate 175 rated, so it should run like it was supposed to.
    Stupid these boats are only rated for 175.

4. Member
    Yep 481vs 8" Jack plate 175 rated, so it should run like it was supposed to.
    Stupid these boats are only rated for 175.
    And with a 175 weighing the same as a 200, well the hell not.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasmit21 View Post
    2021 suzuki DF200SS on a 19'1" 2001 Stratos SS Extreme. This is the inline 4cyl powered with a 24 pitch powertech prop currently. Was running a 200hp evinrude fitch with a 24 pitch raker HO before she let go. Boat would run 72mph with evinrude and now I'm doing good to hit 62mph with Suzuki. Gets to 50mph pretty good, but after that it just seems to be bogged down getting to 60mph and is turning about 5800. In North Carolina so water temp is currently low 60s. Does anyone have any suggestions to try. I'm not happy with spending 18k changing controls and repowering to lose 10mph. I also added a 8" bobs action jack plate to the boat moving away from a manual 6". Heck, I'm not even impressed with the hole shot. 200Hp is 200Hp, so there has to be something I'm missing here. I've spoke to powertech and they claim the boat is propped right, but at this point I'm ready for them to throw there book out the window. Thoughts? Suggestions?
    200 HP is not 200 hp. I tried to explain that above, though it's not what you want to hear. It doesn't have enough torque at higher rpms. The gear ratio is not gonna change its power. The new streamlined shape of the LU may make a slight difference, but you're not gonna see close to 70, doesn't matter what prop or height. I've tried them all. Id be happy to be proven wrong, though I'm not holding my breath.

6. Member
    havent heard of a success story where a suzuki was put on an a happy top end speed matched the horsepower of other motors with the exception of a chrysler outboard that is why you dont see them on more bass boats.

7. Member
    I had a 150 Evinrude HO on a Basscat Eyra that would hit 70+ with two on board. Now have a 200 Suzuki on a Stratos 19'5" and I (need a bigger prop) barely make 60, BUT I DON'T LOSE SLEEP OVER IT.

If you want a Mercury, buy a Mercury. If you want a Yamaha, buy one.

You can find out a lot about those other motors on their Forums here on this and other websites.

All have their plusses and minuses.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ssmithboats View Post
    havent heard of a success story where a suzuki was put on an a happy top end speed matched the horsepower of other motors with the exception of a chrysler outboard that is why you dont see them on more bass boats.

Seen any Chrysler outboards with over 130 horsepower? Seen any at all? They stopped making them in 1983.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234