Looking for info/ suggestions on a 1880

I’m looking at maybe a 1880 but I’d like some feedback if possible.
    The nearest dealer is an hour and a half away so hard to run look at one in person. A friend of mine just bought another brand after looking at a Vexus because he says the front deck was to narrow for him. If you have this model could you give me a measurement at the seat base left to right of the carpeted area? What are your thoughts on the deck area?
    Would you get the second console?
    Carpet or poly floor?
    If you’ve bought the 1880 do you now wish you’d have gone ahead and got the 1980?
    Any other thoughts appreciated!
    Mark Hopper
    Jackson Tn 38301
    htbboats@aol.com

2. Member
    I personally have a 2080 but a friend of mine just bought an 1880 and I've fished off the front deck twice. He is 300lb and im 325lb and we both fish off the front deck just fine. IMO the only time the front deck is too small is if you're a person that will have 30 rods on the front deck. I always have at least 10 on my deck and have never had an issue.
    VC Marine
    Cashion Rods
    Lew's
    Vexus Boats

2022 Vexus VX21, 250 ProXS

3. Member
    I don't know what brand he bought, but to say the front deck is narrow is silly. I have had 3 guys up on it fishing with very little problem, and the only reason I did not buy a 1980 was the price difference for a foot in length, I took that money and bought some nice electronics.

I could have bought any boat I wanted. I bought an 1880. Sight unseen. My nearest dealer is 6 1/2 hours a way. I came out of a Skeeter ZX 200. The interior space to me is bigger in the 1880. The boat is very stable. Single console gives you the most usable space. The boat rides well. Not to the level of a glass boat but definitely not the ride of the average tin. The 115 Mercury isn’t going to set the world on fire but does the job really well. I like the carpet. Not a fan of the poly floor.
    The 1880 is a fantastic boat and it fits in the garage.
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

5. Member
    From the seat base hole to the gunwale is 28"
    It has plenty of deck for me and somebody else. I only have 4 poles out at a time, at most. Once I know what they are biting on I'll narrow down to 2. I'm just that way, I don't want to trip or step on something. A single console is better for me. I like the extra walking space. I would only get a second console on a bigger boat any brand.
    I would not get the poly urea floor, but maybe seadeck.
    I did have a budget to a point, but size and towability was the factor for me, tight driveway and I don't want to buy a bigger vehicle to tow with. But, I got some nice upgrades with the 1880 and have 0 regrets.
    I love this boat, I've had it it in some pretty rough water. If it's too rough for the 1880 it's too rough for a 1980, IMO. I'm very satisfied with my performance. I've had 55 mph out of it in the dead of summer, me alone and 1/4 tank of gas. 53+ with my wife and I and a full tank. Performance buffs will miss the 'Rude 135HO.
    I had a small issue with my dealer, not a big deal, I just need to install my own 3-1 transducer...don't ask. Also they never said you can get custom colors. And that is my only regret, I would've spent the extra money for my own color. Actually, the one I like was a color in the CC models.
    2020 Vexus AVX 1880
    Evinrude E-Tec 135 HO
    Ultrex
    Lowrance

6. Member
    I'm 6'1", 245# and have no issues with the front deck. I will concede it is somewhat narrow, but it is very stable. I usually have 4-6 rods plus my net on the deck. I too bought it sight unseen and have no regerts (not even one letter). I've touched 51.5, but average 47 almost no matter what the load is, even up to about 750#'s of people. I wouldn't get a second console on the 1880, but would on a 1980. I do wish I had a 1980 mainly for the additional speed out of thr 150, the cooler would be nice too. But my biggest limiting factor was my storage space so I had to save thre extra foot or so because it is that tight.
    2020 White Vexus AVX 1880 Evinrude G2
    Ultrex 80 MDI iPilot
    Helix 9 G3N MSI
    Helix 9 G3N MDI w/ MEGA 360

7. Member
    IMG_5711 (2).jpgHere is a picture from last Saturday I've got 7 or 8 rods up on the bow. With the butt seat in it is a little tight with a deck full of rods. That being said, I never came real close to stepping on rods, but was consciously or subconsciously aware they were there. Obviously, take the pole and seat out and the rods on deck would almost be a complete afterthought. My dealer was about an hour 45 away and I second everything ifishinxs said about his 1880.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2021 Vexus AVX 1880 Summit White
    115 Mercury ProXS
    Ultrex
    Twin HBirds
    Garmin 93
    Garmin Livescope

8. Member
    I have had my 1880 for a year. Bought it as mentioned above, unseen. Also as mentioned above if one fishes with 30 rods out on the deck, any front deck will get narrow. But to answer the question, no the front deck of my 1880 is not narrow by any stretch of the imagination. If given the opportunity, would I upgrade to 1980? Yes!! But that's not because I don't love my 1880. As far as dealers, mine is 4 hours away, one way. Fortunately I have only had to go up there once, due to a recall. Seadeck or carpet? Tough choice. Mine has carpet, but I fished off a friends boat who recently installed Seadeck on his boat, and that stuff is great!! Doesn't get hot, at all. Versus with my carpeted Vexus, in the summer heat you can feel the heat come off the deck.

Best of luck finding your boat.
    2019 Vexus 1880 w/ Mercury Pro-XS 115 4-stroke, MK 80lb Fortex, Twin Helix 7 Birds, Pro II PowerPole. AEguideservice.com

I had them put a white poly floor in my 1880. So far I like it a lot. It is spooky how cool it stays in the hot sun. Several guys have asked me about it and when I invite them onboard they are amazed at how cool it is.

10. Member
    I think the front of the deck gets tight at times. The rod straps are forward too far in my opinion. This means that I have to move my rods forward to get in front of the reels (safest way). Then you have to be careful not to lower the foot of the Ultrex down on a rod. Then when I get there I unstrap the rods and move them back to give me some more room up front. Currently I have a sit down seat because Vexus messed up my order and the leaner seat has been on back order all summer (since June). That makes it difficult because it is hard to stand behind the pedal with that seat there. I cannot fish with no seat or leaner any longer so I am stuck for now. As far as the rest of the deck area, it is very good.
    One thing that I really like is that I can step from the step to the Glove box and on the back deck with ease. It is nice for helping a partner net a fish or what ever.
    I would not get a second console even on a 21' boat but that is me.
    Carpet for me. Maybe if I didn't live across the lake from the Great White North I would have a different opinion but Ohio is only hot for about two months and it ain't Texas hot.
    I went from a 16'9" Tracker into this rig so I feel like I am fishing on an aircraft carrier.
    The Merc ProXS 115 is a sweet runner.
    2020 VEXUS 1880 Victor Red
    Merc 115 HP Pro XS
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80 I-Link MDI
    Helix 10 MEGA+ MSI
    Helix 9 x 2 MEGA+ MDI
    Live Image FFS
    2021 Aluminum Trailer
    10' Talons w/sandwich brackets

11. Member
    Thanks to you for the thoughts and info. I would still like the measurement across the front deck at the seat base.
    This is for sure the boat I’m leaning towards!
    Mark Hopper
    Jackson Tn 38301
    htbboats@aol.com

12. Member
    Zaprod71, Your saying 28 inches measuring one way I guess? So the total across would be 56?
    Last edited by htbboats; 09-25-2020 at 05:35 PM. Reason: Spelling error
    Mark Hopper
    Jackson Tn 38301
    htbboats@aol.com

Inside gunnel to inside gunnel at the seat post is 58 inches.
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

Quote Originally Posted by KennyVexus View Post
    I think the front of the deck gets tight at times. The rod straps are forward too far in my opinion. This means that I have to move my rods forward to get in front of the reels (safest way). Then you have to be careful not to lower the foot of the Ultrex down on a rod. Then when I get there I unstrap the rods and move them back to give me some more room up front. Currently I have a sit down seat because Vexus messed up my order and the leaner seat has been on back order all summer (since June). That makes it difficult because it is hard to stand behind the pedal with that seat there. I cannot fish with no seat or leaner any longer so I am stuck for now. As far as the rest of the deck area, it is very good.
    One thing that I really like is that I can step from the step to the Glove box and on the back deck with ease. It is nice for helping a partner net a fish or what ever.
    I would not get a second console even on a 21' boat but that is me.
    Carpet for me. Maybe if I didn't live across the lake from the Great White North I would have a different opinion but Ohio is only hot for about two months and it ain't Texas hot.
    I went from a 16'9" Tracker into this rig so I feel like I am fishing on an aircraft carrier.
    The Merc ProXS 115 is a sweet runner.
    They didn’t ness up your order. The front pedestal seats are back ordered. My dealer pulled the pedestal seat out of a 2080 he had on the lot for me. Thank goodness! A full seat up front would suck.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by htbboats View Post
    Zaprod71, Your saying 28 inches measuring one way I guess? So the total across would be 56?
    Yessir
    2020 Vexus AVX 1880
    Evinrude E-Tec 135 HO
    Ultrex
    Lowrance

16. Member
    I have a 1980 but I would not get the second console. I love the carpet because it’s very comfortable but in a perfect world, I’d have two of these boats. One like mine now and one with the aluminum trailer upgrade, seadeck flooring, and riptide ulterra tm.

That’s how I would have gotten mine if I lived closer to the coast in Texas or in Florida.
    Sapphire Blue/Black Bottom Vexus AVX 1980, Mercury 150 Pro XS