Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    It’s the lawsuits not so much the poor management. Spending more money to fight lawsuits and pay settlements due to Sandy Hook and Cuomo than on materials. Shortage of materials means they can’t keep up with demand. Can’t keep up with demand means they can’t make a profit. Without profit they can’t keep employees or pay the lawyer fees and settlements. That’s why they’re filing for bankruptcy. It’s a death spiral that they’re in and the engineering/innovations aren’t the reason why they are struggling. 600 people are jobless now and some here almost seem happy because they aren’t a fan of Remington ammo, which isn’t even produced in that Ilion plant that’s suffering the furlough.
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

2. Member
    I feel sorry for the laid off workers, but Remington has been guided by corporate greed and an inferior product for the last decade at least, I'm glad I bought mine years ago, when quality mattered and corporations took pride in their product
    THE MORE YOU SAY THE MORE WE UNDERSTAND AND ACCEPT YOU ANYWAYS

3. Banned
    I wouldn't say there is a supply issue for Remington rifles. They're in stock everywhere. They're just not selling because, for the money, they don't stack up against the competition. Not when you can get a TC Compass 2 with just as good of a trigger, detachable magazine, threaded 5R barrel and sub-MOA accuracy for just over $300.

The competition is cheaper and better.

4. Member
    It's a shame to see a great American company go to crap like this. They made two huge mistakes over the years. First they married themselves to K-Mart, WalMart, and all the big chain stores and overlooked the independent dealers that supported them through the years. Then they sold out to a big private equity firm that drove production and profits over quality and service. Their competition continued to improve while they got worse and worse. This is the result of all those failures. There are still people that want Remington 700's, Remington shotguns, and Marlin rifles but the rest of their brands have really fallen off the map.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12