Prop question for Skeeter guys..

What are you guys running and why...? After my last T-1 went buh-bye and my original t2 slung a blade, I'm not sure I want another Yamaha prop...I do have a VMAX series T-1 that I've got to get touched up, came in a Croxton box, not sure if mark.has ever touched it or not, but the blades have some dings...but I plan to run that prop...but....I had some insurance work on the lower and am looking at a getting a new prop...so what say y'all...??
    MattandAmber Lawler on Facebook
    Matt Lawler HF on Facebook
    matt_lawler_hf on Instagram

"There ain't a price on stupid. Stupid comes for free."

Jonathan Hillstrand

2. Member
    Running the Yamaha prop that came on my FXR. Happy with it, no problems and performance is good.

I don't run Yamaha props, because I don't like the hubs or hardware. I only run props that take Flo-Torq hubs. Right now, I have a Razor-3 on there, but I think the Tempest is going to be better. The Yamaha "T" props make my boat chine walk violently above 73mph. I can easily drive my boat over 75mph with the Tempest. That's why I always recommend the Tempest. It's way easier to drive, and it handles boat wake better.

Between Randy-T and I, there's probably not a prop made that hasn't been run on our boats. We posted lots of results, so you might be able to find our old posts with a search. Randy's vented T-1 was the fastest, but my 26p Tempest wasn't far behind.
    Gitcha Bass On!

2015 ZX225

That vented T1 that I have is prolly gonna be my number 1....I'm thinking of a 25 or 26 tempest maybe for a number 2..i know I won't break that prop...well I'm pretty sure I won't sling a blade anyway....but I don't trust the flo torque hubs..I've spun every one I've ever ran on my boat...3 of em...won't run another..almost as bad as a rubex..I put a solid mercruiser hub kit on it and fixed that problem...the best my boat has ran was with the original T1...75 mph...at 6200....the others weren't quite as fast but we're low 70s...the T-2 was a stead 72 at 6200 out of the box till it slung a blade...the scorpion 24 is a 69-70 at 57-5800...best rpm and speed it'll do till cooler weather..
    MattandAmber Lawler on Facebook
    Matt Lawler HF on Facebook
    matt_lawler_hf on Instagram

"There ain't a price on stupid. Stupid comes for free."

Jonathan Hillstrand

5. Member
    Utinator What are you running with the Razor 3 and what pitch
    2017 Skeeter ZX225
    12” Bobs Action Jack
    Dual Powers Poles

It's a 25p Razor-3, but it has Mark's stamp on it. I bought it like that, so I don't know what he did to it. I'm assuming he cupped the F-out of it, because I can hardly turn it. I ran it up to 5500 rpm's at 70mph before I ran out of water. It felt like it had a little more, but I just didn't have enough runway. That hole-shot though...

I have only spun one Flo-torq hub. After a brief investigation, I discovered that it was only rated for about 130hp. If you're spinning Flo-torq hubs, you might be doing something wrong.
    Gitcha Bass On!

2015 ZX225