Best forward facing graphs

Looking to upgrade my my graph on my bow, what’s the best setup for forward facing units, I’ve always had lowrance but I’m open to anything at this point. Thanks

2. Member
    I assume you mean a graph that is capable of forward looking sonar?

3. Member
    Yes

4. Member
    Right now Garmin...rumor is give it a couple of months though if you are a Lowrance user.
    2019 Skeeter FX-21
    250 SHO
    Lowrance 16” Live & 12” Live
    Ghost TM

5. Member
    If you can hold out till spring you may get more options. But right now Garmin has the best. If you can find an older 93sv+ it’s the best bang for your buck with live scope.

6. Member
    What other components would I need with the 93sv?

7. Member
    You need the live scope setup with the graph. A lot of places are offering a bundle with both the graph and live scope just look around and you’ll find a good deal.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Frankgun View Post
    Looking to upgrade my graph on my bow, what’s the best setup for forward facing units, I’ve always had lowrance but I’m open to anything at this point. Thanks
    If you're open to anything as you say, what I list out below may be the best setup for forward facing units (note plural 'units')

My current setup is a HDS9 Carbon and HDS9 Gen3 on the console with another HDS9 Gen3 on the bow. I also have a Garmin head unit on the bow dedicated to LiveScope. Transducers are SS3D and HST/WSBL on the transom. Bow transducers are HDI and LiveScope with both stick mounted on same mount.

The bow Gen3 has failed and Lowrance is replacing with an upgrade to a HDS12 Live for $1500. They originally offered an HDS12 Carbon for $1225 but come checkout time the Carbon was out of stock and production, hence the Live unit. The Live unit comes with the 3-in-1 transducer. I think I'm getting quite the deal.

So, here's my plan for what might be your "best setup for forward facing units". I have spent quite some time determining which is the best side scan transducer...SS3D or 3-in-1. Consensus seems to be 70-30 favoring the SS3D. So, my plan is to move the Carbon from console to bow; mount new Live12 on console; retain SS3D on transom; move HDI from bow to transom and install the new 3-in-1 ducer up front stick mounted with the LiveScope ducer.

What I wind up with up front is 360 degree side scan set to left (or right) scan only and LiveScope. Can't get much better than that.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Want2fish3 View Post
    Right now Garmin...rumor is give it a couple of months though if you are a Lowrance user.
    Hearing the same thing just hope it’s compatible with my Carbons.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FowlZurk View Post
    Hearing the same thing just hope it’s compatible with my Carbons.
    I'm with you.. I've got carbons myself