Thread: Triton dealer

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Member
    Love my new 2020 Triton bass boat. Long Live the Triton!

2. You tube@ Rix Fishing Fix
    Bought my first new glass boat in 2018 after 2 years in my Triton absolutely no complaints with anything in my boat.
    TYG-(Trust Your Gut!!)

3. Member
    Now that Ranger, Triton, and Nitro all have their own plants and are not mixing the manufacturing of each brand like they were, I really don't see a viable scenario where JM kills the brand. He just dropped over a million updating the old Legend plant for the Triton models so they could build the entire line there instead of building the smaller boats at the Clinton Nitro plant.They moved the Ranger/Triton aluminum manufacturing to the Lebanon Tracker plant, so Ranger can spread out a little now that the Triton glass boats have their own home too. Just doesn't seem logical to kill Triton. Now that they divided the manufacturing up, one could speculate selling off the Triton brand, but I don't think that sounds very logical. Why sell off a brand and create a serious competitor? Seems impossible to find the real numbers, but I suspect Triton makes up a pretty substantial percent of the market. My best guess is that in the glass bass boat marketplace, JM brands probably make up 40 to 50% of total sales. Would love to know the real figures. With a little over 40 years in this industry, that's my 2 cents. Maybe with inflation, a whole nickles worth.

I dont know what to think. I was reading in another forum that said duckett doesnt sell Triton any more and all but just a few pros are gone. Someone said that the marine dealer they work for usually gets some demo boats of new models but Triton didnt send any 2021s. Their merchandise has gone down to nothing. Someone even said their dealer advised After 2021 Triton will be like ProCraft, Stratos, Atstro, and Legend. I dont think it looks to promising for Triton. I Hope im wrong.

Triton 19 XS Elite, 225 Mercury Pro XS, Minn Kota Ultrex 112, Hydrowave H2, Twin 8' Power Pole Blades, Power Pole CHARGE, Lowrance HDS 12 and 16 at console, Lowrance HDS 9, Garmin LiveScope at bow, Mercmonitor, Rigid Industries Deck lights and other stuff to come that will make me go more broke

5. Banned
    I'm not saying Triton is dead, but I'm saying Triton is dead. One of the largest dealers in my area that sells Triton, Ranger and Nitro has a lot full of Rangers and Nitro's, like 50 boats, but only 5 Triton's. 4 of which are 2020's. They've always had just as many Triton's on the lot.

I'd like to see Triton stick around. I just don't think they will.

6. Member
    Ranger, Triton, Nitro combined market share is 61.5%. It has started dropping however. With the total bass boat market dropping, and multiple new brands entering the market, my guess is White River Marine Group is most likely to lose the most market share going forward.

7. Member
    I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, hopefully Triton doesn’t go anywhere. They make a fine boat and one of the best looking boats imo.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim W View Post
    I dont know what to think. I was reading in another forum that said duckett doesnt sell Triton any more and all but just a few pros are gone. Someone said that the marine dealer they work for usually gets some demo boats of new models but Triton didnt send any 2021s. Their merchandise has gone down to nothing. Someone even said their dealer advised After 2021 Triton will be like ProCraft, Stratos, Atstro, and Legend. I dont think it looks to promising for Triton. I Hope im wrong.
    I'll just say this....Triton doesn't send DEMO boats, dealers buy them. Secondly, clothing merchandise is not a measure of anything. One dealer saying ANYTHING means nothing. Why would White River throw away any part of that 61.5% market share? It doesn't make any marketing sense to me and I have a Marketing Degree. Duckett is going to Caymus along with Nitro, which doesn't surprise me. Earl went straight to Stratos dealers to push Triton, and now he's going straight to Triton dealers to push Caymus. Loyalty is not an earmark of the bass boat industry. Just saying.
    Last edited by SteveS; 10-20-2020 at 12:57 PM. Reason: addition

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Riccochet View Post
    I'm not saying Triton is dead, but I'm saying Triton is dead. One of the largest dealers in my area that sells Triton, Ranger and Nitro has a lot full of Rangers and Nitro's, like 50 boats, but only 5 Triton's. 4 of which are 2020's. They've always had just as many Triton's on the lot.

I'd like to see Triton stick around. I just don't think they will.
    The condition of your local dealer sounds to me like he's sold a bunch of Tritons and not as many Rangers and Nitros. This is not the time of year you want a bunch of anything on your lot.

10. Member
    I’m guessing he’s talking about Anglers Choice Marine. No clue what the numbers of Ranger, Nitro and Triton they sell. If Triton was their biggest seller you think they’d be getting 2021s by now. Only one I’ve seen was an 18TRX

11. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by basscat tyler View Post
    I’m guessing he’s talking about Anglers Choice Marine. No clue what the numbers of Ranger, Nitro and Triton they sell. If Triton was their biggest seller you think they’d be getting 2021s by now. Only one I’ve seen was an 18TRX
    They're down to 4 now, between 3 locations. Is it a sign? Possibly. I know it's not typical. They sell a ton of bass boats year round. Fall, winter and spring are the busiest bass fishing seasons down here.
    Last edited by Riccochet; 10-21-2020 at 08:16 AM.

12. Member
    Looks like Airport Marine has 2021 Triton Boats. Maybe Anglers Choice isn't ordering any boats?

https://www.airportmarine.com/defaul...ory=fiberglass

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FDTriton View Post
    Looks like Airport Marine has 2021 Triton Boats. Maybe Anglers Choice isn't ordering any boats?

https://www.airportmarine.com/defaul...ory=fiberglass
    Someone said Angler's Choice was taking on Caymas?

14. Banned
    That's telling if Anglers Choice drops Triton, but keeps Nitro and Ranger.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Riccochet View Post
    That's telling if Anglers Choice drops Triton, but keeps Nitro and Ranger.
    I don't see a single Caymas on their website. So I seriously doubt they are dropping Triton. They also have all of the other White River Marine Group Brands.

16. Member
    It is what it is. Nothings forever. There’s not a single boat manufacture out there that’s going to be around forever, nor is there anybody reading this that’s going to be around forever. I like my boat, and I’m going to like it no matter what happens to triton. Apparently- at least for 2021, it appears they’re going to be around. That’s about as far out as any boat manufacture can look in my opinion.
    Last edited by itsahog; 10-22-2020 at 10:41 AM.

17. Member
    Looks like Pro’s choice has picked the Triton line up!

https://www.proschoicemarine.com/sea...Triton%20Boats

Quote Originally Posted by hammerdog View Post
    Looks like Pro’s choice has picked the Triton line up!

https://www.proschoicemarine.com/sea...Triton%20Boats
    But that cant be possible all the experts on here said they gonna shut down! Seen a Triton post on instagram and someone commented they hope Triton doesnt stop making boats and they replied back they dont plan on stopping. All the Chicken Littles will have to find something else to hen peck at i guess.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Dual Humminbird Helix 10 MEGA SI
    Minnkota Ultrex.

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TritonTRXV8 View Post
    But that cant be possible all the experts on here said they gonna shut down! Seen a Triton post on instagram and someone commented they hope Triton doesnt stop making boats and they replied back they dont plan on stopping. All the Chicken Littles will have to find something else to hen peck at i guess.
    I was the one that made that comment

20. Member
    Duckett Marine has switched to Caymas due to Boyd's relationship with Earl Bentz. Triton moved down the road to Dawson Boat Center in Scottsboro, AL who also sells Ranger. They posted some 2021 Tritons that delivered last week and are suppose to get more today. Triton isn't going anywhere fellas.
    2014 Triton 21TRX w/ 250 Pro XS.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast