Garmin LiveScope Black Box Mount

Where have you guys installed your LiveScope black box in your Triton? I have a 19TRX and was wondering if the cables are long enough so I can mount it under the console? Trying to determine if I need to purchase an extension cable. Or did you guys mount it somewhere inside the rod box? If so, where?

Would it be secure if I screwed into the side of the rod box? Or should I screw it directly into the bottom of the rod box? I'm trying to consider space and heating issues as well. From my understanding the black box needs ample space and ventilation.

Appreciate your ideas.
    2023 Ranger Z520R - Mercury ProXS 250 HP
    Collins Boating Pro Staff - Smithfield, North Carolina
    JeffreyDavisFishing.com
    | YouTube | Facebook | Instagram | NC Bass Challenge

2. Member
    Right side rod locker. Drilled holes on left side wall into the middle storage area and bolted it onto the locker wall secured with lock washers.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by stevebrownfnr View Post
    Right side rod locker. Drilled holes on left side wall into the middle storage area and bolted it onto the locker wall secured with lock washers.
    Oh wow. So you actually drilled all the way through the wall? I was hoping to not have to do that. But its probably the most secure way. Appreciate the feedback.
    JeffreyDavisFishing.com

4. Member
    Starboard rod locker. All the way forward in the opening. Mounted to the inside wall with self tapping screws
    2016 Triton 18 TRX
    200 Mercury Pro XS

5. Member
    Thanks for the replies. Made the decision to mount mine in the rod locker on the inner sidewall as well. I went with 1.5 inch screws. The 1 inch screws that came with the unit weren't long enough to get through the carpet and get enough grab on the fiberglass. Seems secure for now.
    JeffreyDavisFishing.com