68-70mph all hell breaks loose

Alright guys I have a 2006 Blazer 202 Pro V with a Yamaha 250 HPDI with a Temptest plus 27p I’ve had all my motor bushings replaced because they were wore out and then had my transom fixed where it had a crack on the main beam inside the boat. But here’s my problem. And before I say this I know everyone is gonna say my boat is just chime walking but that is not it. I’ve drove boats all my life I know how to steer through chime walk! When I hit about 68mph in this blazer and I’m trimming up I can tell the boat still has plenty motor left to give but the nose of the boat will pull hard to the right everytime and when I try to correct it then it just gets worse and starts getting out of control. I cannot steer through it no matter how many times I try! I’ve checked my motor it’s mounted on my boat level. My prop to pad height is 1.5 inches below pad which is what I read about what it should be. My steering is tight. So I can’t figure out what’s causing it to do this. This boat should run upper 70’s easy. The fin just above the prop is turned all the way towards the drivers side which is the way that the boat pulls to. Not sure if that makes any difference or not. I even added a dolphin fin to help try and stabilize the boat but it didn’t help although it did help my hole shot. Any suggestions other than learn how to drive your boat would be greatly appreciated!

2. Blazer Boats Moderator Rebel1's Avatar
    Well, the foil should be out of the water when the boat is on the pad and running, so that really wont help. If you have good water pressure then you can raise the motor. I ran my HPDI/202 combos at 1/2in below the pad. I'd turn the cav plate fin back straight and see if that makes a difference. Is the skeg straight?

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel1 View Post
    Well, the foil should be out of the water when the boat is on the pad and running, so that really wont help. If you have good water pressure then you can raise the motor. I ran my HPDI/202 combos at 1/2in below the pad. I'd turn the cav plate fin back straight and see if that makes a difference. Is the skeg straight?
    All of the above plus I would also try a 28-29 4 blade Bravo prop all 4 of the Blazers I owned drove much easier with 4 blade props