4 month review of 650

Here is my honest review to to the 650 I have. I’ve had rangers, gator trax, Phoenix , xpress and ridden in skeeter and legend. My 920 pro xp was hard to beat, got 80 with 2 people. Deck lights were blinding on 920, rode well, and I like split live wells where I could individually pick which ones I wanted to use . Coolers sucked and storage was rather small. The 650 has tons of storage but the single live wells took me a bit to get used to. Coolers are top notch. Had issues with cockpit seadek but was sent a new piece quickly. Blake’s boats out of Corsicana are top notch when it came to issues to be fixed from Blazer’s quality control. It was nothing major but my trolling motor didn’t work when I first got boat due to being wired backwards at plug. Was easy fix but gain wasn’t tested at factory. My fuse panel was wired wrong so it would trip breaker when I ran multiple graphs. Again was wired wrong . Jason at Blake’s boats fixed it all in same day but again should of been tested. As for ride I get 85 with 2 people and half tank of fuel. Blazing fast but I don’t like the wash over coming off plane. Phoenix never did that. Fishability is second to none on the blazer, sits flat and in big wake, stays dry. Something about the hull rolls water out away from gunnel. Wish the 650 had passenger rod storage like my Phoenix did. Battery box is huge and can access all pumps very easily. Phoenix was tiny. People get ride misconstrued because their boat may only do 65. When cruising the blazer at 65 it is as good as any. Because it does 80’s of course Olof you hit wake going that fast it’s gonna give you a jolt. People say they would sacrifice speed for ride but honestly it gives you the best of both worlds if comparing same wake to speed ratio. But at the end of the day I do have the option to flat out fly.

2. Member
    Thanks for the review!
    A.J. Kelty Versailles KY
    2021 Phoenix 920 Elite

3. Member
    85 w a flashed sho, I assume?

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FastBird View Post
    85 w a flashed sho, I assume?
    Yes sir

5. Member
    Jason, have left many text messages and voicemails for you. I'm still waiting for you to make right the broken garmin you sold me. Thanks.

6. Member
    What prop are you running I just put a sho on my 650

7. Member
    Great review, spot on. I have been playing with how to come off of plane and not have that big wave wash up on the back deck. I give it a little gas at the end of it coming off plane and it really minimizes the back wash. Something I can live with to have the ability to run in the 80's.

You got me excited. I bought a '21 650 in mid-September however, I haven't had it out yet. Can't wait to test it out on Lake Huron.

During the test drive, I noticed the backwash when stopping was less than ideal. Given how there is no cubby hole to stop it, I can see why it happens. The look of the rear end without the cubby hole most bass boats have is awesome though. It makes it really easy to keep clean. Give and take I suppose.

I do agree with the service from Blazer and reps. They have been absolutely outstanding each time I've worked with them.