Helix 12 G3N Map question

I have 2 Helix 12 G3N units linked and the External GPS Compass installed. While not moving my map still spins. The boat icon remains constant but will not show the correct direction i am facing. Im new to Hummingbird and came from Lowrance with NEMA installed.

Is this common or should I check my install?

Thanks

I am also sharing the external GPS between both units

Do you have the AS GPS HS antenna and use the Head-up Chart Orientation?

Did you test for a magnetic interference free location before you installed the antenna?
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

3. Member
    Yes to the 1st question and it was installed at the dealer on my new boat, so no I personally did not check

I went out yesterday and checked the Heading digital readout to the COG digital readout and they were spot on as per the instructions.

I have noticed while running down the lake that my boat icon seems to be a little crooked. Could this be the issue and adjusted in the offset settings?

Thanks Wayne
    Last edited by Vols824; 09-24-2020 at 12:21 PM.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Vols824 View Post
    Yes to the 1st question and it was installed at the dealer on my new boat, so no I personally did not check

I went out yesterday and checked the Heading digital readout to the COG digital readout and they were spot on as per the instructions.

I have noticed while running down the lake that my boat icon seems to be a little crooked. Could this be the issue and adjusted in the offset settings?

Thanks Wayne
    With my heading sensor installed my boat icon is always crooked. Drive me friggin insane. When I have “heading up”and “5mph Vessel Offset Speed” selected sometimes my may will have my boat icon in the bottom center of the screen while driving the boat. Sometimes it will put my boat icon in the top left corner. I don’t know what the deal is with it but very annoying